Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    45% remaining after 28 hours!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so, today I deleted my gmail account, re-added it, then changed it to check every 15 minutes, and disabled the 'advanced imap' gmail labs feature.

my average drain, with about the same minimal usage, went from 8.5 to 3.7 percent per hour. I don't know which change helped, but I don't care
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    pomokey, i don't get it, why don't you enable gmail push notification?
    i should add, overnight, my pre initially was loosing ~25%. This was 1.0.2, launch phone. Sometime after, I closed all my apps, and noticed only ~8% drop. I was a little disappointed, but even w/ apps closed, i still get notifications, so it wasn't a big deal. This was over about a 6hr period. wifi on, single 3-4 bars.

I don't know what happened, but one night, i tried leaving the apps open... tween, msging, and mail. i never lost the 25% overnight again. just 8-10% and it's been that way since.

I will get a better feel for 1.0.3 tomorrow when i'm not in a dead zone most of the day.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    pomokey, i don't get it, why don't you enable gmail push notification?
    well, honestly, when I re-added gmail, it defaults to 15 minutes, and I forgot to change it . by time I remembered, I didnt want to change teh setting midway through tracking my battery life
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Took my phone off the charger yesterday at around 7AM.

A couple of phone calls yesterday, a bit of web surfing at lunch and sporadic SMS left me with about 57% left at the end of the day.

I figured, why not see how long it'll go, so I didn't charge it. Another phone call this morning, reading e-mail, more SMS and web surfing during lunch, sitting pretty at around 16% right now.

Going to have to give in and charge soon, but WOW, what a difference. I think it's a combination of the update and keeping the phone in a holster rather than my pocket which was probably hurting reception.

My email accounts are on manual checking and I've had Tweed, Messaging, and Phone open continuously since yesterday.

Looking good! Looks like the battery life will rival my Treo 650.
    I've had the Pre for almost a week now and my batter life has greatly improved. I don't know if it was the update that did it, but it's definitely improved since the first couple of days. I took the phone off of the charger around 7 a.m., have an EAS account on push, used Pandora for an hour or so, browsed the web a bit, spoke on the phone for about an hour over bluetooth, texted and e-mailed a good amount, and my battery was over 25% by 11 p.m. last night. That's great as far as I'm concerned.
    Yes, I defintely see battery life improvement due to the update.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    @ pomokey

Your graphs rock!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I don't know if my battery improved or not. Is dropping 14% in 6 and a half hours while doing some texts, a few calls, browsing the app store, and syncing emails good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    I don't know if my battery improved or not. Is dropping 14% in 6 and a half hours while doing some texts, a few calls, browsing the app store, and syncing emails good?
    Insanely.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    My battery life is not any better with 1.0.3. Took the phone off at 7am and it drained to 35% already; it's 12:30pm
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My battery life is much better at home. I have an Airave 2 feet away from my phone on my desk. I think the phone must have been constantly searching for a tower.

Much better!
    HTC EVO 4G
    Treo 700w > Blackberry 8830 > Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G
    my battery life has improved a great deal. normally id charge at night and take off when reaching 100% around 11pm. when waking up for wake at 730 id be at 85%. since the update ive been at 99%.

lots of usage today (phone / texts, tweets, and camera usage) havent charged since last night at 11, and im at 83% still.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    my battery life has improved a great deal. normally id charge at night and take off when reaching 100% around 11pm. when waking up for wake at 730 id be at 85%. since the update ive been at 99%.

lots of usage today (phone / texts, tweets, and camera usage) havent charged since last night at 11, and im at 83% still.
    I have not idea how you're getting times like this from the Pre. I have nothing near those results.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Just downloaded Pandora, installed it, listened to 3 or 4 songs and got a 5 minute phone call in the midst, and the battery dropped from 79% to 72%. That unusual, or sound about right? I'm just trying to gauge how things are going here by trying certain tasks.

Wifi off, gps off, bluetooth off, email sync every 30 min.
    Mine seems the same.
    way better battery life... seems like when I first unplug it in the am it uses about 10% within the first hour but runs all day without recharging and I use it alot for business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Just downloaded Pandora, installed it, listened to 3 or 4 songs and got a 5 minute phone call in the midst, and the battery dropped from 79% to 72%. That unusual, or sound about right? I'm just trying to gauge how things are going here by trying certain tasks.

Wifi off, gps off, bluetooth off, email sync every 30 min.
    Pandora over EVDO rapes my battery as well.

I've noticed my standby time is practically insane, like less than 1% per hour overnight when not doing anything.

I haven't seen too many people mention it, but I'm pretty sure Pandora is a battery hog.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Overall my battery life got better, even though at work it sucks the battery life down because of the bad reception and no wifi access to tap into. Full charge at the beginning of the day and by around 2:30 pm was around 50%, with a few hits to different web sites and a few texts. Over the weekend though, it really did get a lot better battery life, after 14 hours of texting and using the camera, I still had 40% battery life. I think it will get better as they keep refining the software as well.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast