Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    how do i do this to my pre
    can someone tell me how to do this on my pre please? I know i sound like a noob but i would like it for when i text or watever. can someone gove me step by step?
    And can it work fro test messaging as well???
    Please read post #64. It's the truth.
    You sound like a noob because you haven't read the thread. You are a noob. THERE IS NO ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD THAT WORKS.
    Mannnnnnn i dont kno how to do all dat... Can someone jus send me da thing
    Quote Originally Posted by daking703 View Post
    Mannnnnnn i dont kno how to do all dat... Can someone jus send me da thing
    please read the thread before commenting. there isn't an onscreen keyboard for all intents and purposes as of now
    This signature for rent
    Well, there is one that has a pretty good start..It is a work in progress and all the letters work, but somethings like space bar and delete are not fully functional... It is a big step in the right direction. The thread is in the developement section i think.. It requires rooting tho...
    It is no wonder people are creaming themselves in looking for the onscreen keyboard. I copied this directly from the "Palm Pre Tips and Tricks" adobe 6 pg. "flyer":

Typing ►The onscreen keyboard has been found but has all of the commands below and more in the webOS.
    ►Undo - You can't undo a mistake in the Pre. On your PC Undo is [Crtl] - [Z], on a Treo press [Menu] - [Z]. When enabled, Undo should be "Press the Gesture Area �� and C at the same time."
    ►Italics - To italicize highlighted text on a PC, press Ctrl - I , on a Treo press Menu - I . Italics should be "Press the Gesture Area �� and I at the same time."
    ►Bold - To make highlighted text bold on a PC, press Ctrl - B , on a Treo press Menu - B . Bold should be "Press the Gesture Area �� and B at the same time."
    ►Select All - To select all on a PC, press Ctrl - A , on a Treo press Menu - A . When enabled, Select All should be "Press the Gesture Area �� and A at the same time."
    ►Copy - You can Copy Text you are editing but not text you cannot edit like a message or web text.

The problem here, is that the tips and tricks tells people the keyboard is found, the link sends them to this thread, and voila, "OMG, I am like, 13 and, like OMG, I sooo totally HAVE 2 HAVE this, fer sure, I mean seriously, this is soooo kewl, totally, some1 pulllleeeeeezz tell me how to get it, ok, like, really, totally, I mean, I HAVE TO GET IT!"

OKOK.....a bit over dramatic, but I do see the irritation with the people that do not read the entire thread, but at the same time, maybe the "on screen keyboard that is NOT avail in WebOS and is only avail in Webshell" should be taken off the Tips and Tricks sheet...

Just Sayin'.
    hmmm..interesting..bunch of blah blah blah and in the end, NO on screen Keyboard..I was looking everywhere lol
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I'm not tech savy at all. is there a way to get the on screen keyboard without downloading progams?
    There is no way to get an on-screen keyboard without rooting your phone. Root your phone and get the keyboard or not. It works good. I love being able to use it for messaging and not having to slide open the real keyboard. It works perfect for a quick short message...
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    There is no way to get an on-screen keyboard without rooting your phone...
    That is so like 5 days ago.

I am not rooted but followed the instructions here:

On-Screen Virtual Keyboard is a Go for Mere Mortals, Here's How To Install It

I am in fact a mere mortal but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/28/2009 at 02:18 PM.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456