Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Awesome. Any instructions as to how to do this for novices.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    You da man!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Awesome! Great job!
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Uhhhhhh, wow . That's not a hidden keyboard.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I keep telling ppl to be patient with this phone and stop complaining...sooner or later one of these updates will unlock features native to the device that will really impress us. Keep fingers crossed, iphone users hailing video on the new OS will ejaculate once they see what the Pre has built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Uhhhhhh, wow . That's not a hidden keyboard.
    Wow, I'm very convinced that its not by all the facts you just laid out... Although I'm not convinced to begin until there's a video...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I really hope they implement this for landscape browsing. Tired of flipping this thing all over the place to browse and enter text.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Can't wait to for this to fully functional!
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    what else is hidden???

Any secret hello kitty wallpapers????????????
    LOL! How about a "Hello Kitty Island Adventure" game?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The difference here is that Palm can't afford to cripple a phone because they're still in a lot of financial trouble. Considering the position that they're in, we as consumers really have a sweet deal because we can expect for new functionality to be released at least until Palm is profitable and builds up some reserve cash.
    I think Palm left a lot of features out so that they can 'save the day' with a new update and create tons of buzz after the initial adopters already purchased.

Do you really think Apple couldn't implement copy/cut/paste? Of course not but now its a great feature in 3.0 as well as 'video recording'.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by korionmorris View Post
    The difference here is that Palm can't afford to cripple a phone because they're still in a lot of financial trouble. Considering the position that they're in, we as consumers really have a sweet deal because we can expect for new functionality to be released at least until Palm is profitable and builds up some reserve cash.
    But they also can't afford to go bankrupt from lawsuits, either. If, somehow, Apple got the patent for a method of inputting text and other characters into applications from a touchscreen, then Palm would be in a bag of hurt if they did it, too. Although that just resparks the debate of who's going to make the first patent move since Apple has violated a slew of Palm's old patents anyway. I wish I was a lawyer.

Either way, good find.
    You made Front Page!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Wow, I'm very convinced that its not by all the facts you just laid out... Although I'm not convinced to begin until there's a video...
    Really now. . . look at this cluster**** of facts and know that it's just the keyboard in WebShell. Move along people. . .

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So I'm hacking the hell out of this Pre and was creating a webshell in the browser when out of nowhere pops up an on screen keyboard that works in landscape and vertical modes. I'm really tired right now so I'll let the pictures do the talking.

And yes the people in the Pre Dev IRC channel will be trying to make this a reality in all apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    That's just the WebShell keyboard: WebShell
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Never used WebShell before but like bkuberek said, "we could rip it out and make it part of webos". This thing is hack friendly like you wouldn't believe.
    O RLY?
    As others have said this is NOT a hidden feature bundled, its simply the on screen keyboard that comes with webshell. as SOON as you load up webshell it says "Tap here for keyboard" , this was well known litterally seconds after launching webshell so its not exactly a discovery. when i was working on it initially to see if it should be ported it proved impratical due to the fact that users would need to root, install python and then install a modified onscreen keyboard hacked from webshell ALONG with a library to interface it into mojo. not saying its not possible i'm only saying for the time involved its simply easier to create an on sceen keyboard using mojo framework.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    what else is hidden???

Any secret hello kitty wallpapers????????????
    there is an email address hidden in there somewhere, it is....

nevergonna@letyoudown or something like that.

Pre devs be rick rollin
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Yours doesn't have one? It's on the second apps page right behind the menu for voice dialing.
    how do we access it??
    so how do we get that option!!!
    How can I get landscape texting? im new to Palms...please help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast