Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Reinstalled Hotmail on my Pre. Battery usage a very reasonable 6% over about 3 hours. Previously, it would drain the battery completely in that time if Hotmail was installed.
  2. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #2  
    I did the same disaster and it certainly isn't overheating anymore, but Ive also noticed its still not syncing every 5 minutes like I set it for. I sent myself a test message from Gmail to hotmail and confirmed that it arrived in hotmail on my computer and it didn't show up on my Pre until I checked a half hour later and manually hit the refresh icon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I did the same disaster and it certainly isn't overheating anymore, but Ive also noticed its still not syncing every 5 minutes like I set it for. I sent myself a test message from Gmail to hotmail and confirmed that it arrived in hotmail on my computer and it didn't show up on my Pre until I checked a half hour later and manually hit the refresh icon.
    Interesting. I set mine for 1 hour and didn't check to confirm it is actually updating that often. Default was every 15 minutes.

    Do you have other email accounts set for different times?

    UPDATE: Checked manual synch on Hotmail by emailing myself from Pre Gmail account. Email to Hotmail showed right up but when I tried to refresh I got something I've never seen before, an error message shown with a yellow triangle that read something like "Could not connect, next synch 30 minutes" this despite having Hotmail set to synch manually only and despite the fact that I had no problem logging into my Hotmail account from the PC at the same time.
    Last edited by Disaster; 06/20/2009 at 02:23 AM.
  4. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Interesting. I set mine for 1 hour and didn't check to confirm it is actually updating that often. Default was every 15 minutes.

    Do you have other email accounts set for different times?
    Just the gmail account which is set to "as it arrives"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Just the gmail account which is set to "as it arrives"
    OK, someone mentioned that all their accounts seemed to synch to the same timing despite being set separately. See my edited post above. There is still some Hotmail quirkiness, but at least it no longer fries the phone.

    By the way, another quirk I've seen is it placing new mail under the "yesterday tab" while never showing any new mail on the today tab. I deleted the two mails that got stuck on today and it hasn't done that since.
  6.    #6  
    Hotmail is still synching on it's own, despite having it set for manual only. I keep getting mail alerts for my hotmail account. The battery usage is also a bit worse compared to when I had Hotmail removed completely...but wayyyyy better than when I had Hotmail installed with 1.0.2.

    Since taking the Pre off the charger, this morning at 8am, I'm down to 67% charge (at 1am.) During that time I checked my Hotmail a few times, and used the phone for maybe 20 minutes total.) If I had to guess, I'd say that without Hotmail I'd be closer to 75-80% battery now.

    I may be uninstalling Hotmail again.
  7. #7  
    I went ahead and forwarded my Hotmail to a Gmail account for now. Until MSN gets full Pre capabilities with synergy I am not going to even mess with it.

Posting Permissions