Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    from what i hear sprint will be getting everyone off sero before the end of the year onto the new plans..50/50 chance this is true based off my sources
    So where did you hear this from source wise? In the system, mines actually called Fair & Flexible. So your telling me by years end I"ll have to switch?

I dont see how they can just kick people off of plans as bad as they are hurting.

"A survey of retail sites has reported that most Palm Pre buyers are already Sprint subscribers, Bloomberg reported, quoting a note from Wachovia Securities analyst Jennifer Fritzsche. The good news is the Pre is helping Sprint retain customers since the smartphone launched June 6. The bad news, however, is that the Pre isn't bringing new customers to Sprint.

Fritzsche's research suggests that the 3G Pre isn't wooing users away from Sprint's larger chief rivals, like AT&T and Verizon Wireless. Bloomberg indicated that Sprint has lost more than 4 million contract customers in the past year as its competition bulks up smartphone offerings, including the now-iconic Apple iPhone and the BlackBerry Storm from Research In Motion (RIM), the Pre's biggest foes."

So now we are saying they are going to lose even MORE customers. Some people only stay cause the have those plans. Cut them off, and then people will definitely have more choices now that their plans will go up.
    I get 10% employee discount on my 69.99 data plan. Thought i could get another 10% on top of it, but i guess not, so i might ask for the $59.99 referral plan.

Also, best buy knocked $50 off the price of my Pre, so i ended up getting it for $299 even though i was only eligble for the 1 year upgrade price. : )
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Someone who works selling Sprint. IE: radioshack, BBY, walmart employees or employees of a 3rd party Sprint dealer.
    So this means that all Walmart workers could get a third party plan? Or just the ones who work behind the counter where they sell phones? I'm assuming you can still keep the 3rd party plan even if you no longer work there.

Seriously, I'll do ANYTHING if I could get a 3rd party plan. They're a very good value.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Something like 220 next month for the

1500 minutes and Unlimited Data and all ($129.99)
    +3 Additional phones(1 Free, 2 at 19.99)
    4 phones insured ($7.00 a piece)
    +tax

Are there easy ways to get discounted rates. I upgraded to the data plan because of the Pre. I was one of the weirdos with a smart phone like a Treo 755p that didn't have data, since I used most of the other features, but data wasn't 100% necessary.

If there are easy ways to get discounts, I would really appreciate to know them. I have been with sprint for something like 6 years now.
    Code:
    Everything Data 450                              $69.99
    Total Equipment Protection                       $7.00
    19% Corporate Discount on Plan (not Insurance)   ($13.30)

Total: $63.69
    This doesn't include taxes/fees.
    +99.99 Simply Everything
    +4 Roadside Rescue (has been well worth the money)
    +7 TEP
    + Taxes
    Last edited by Mannyman; 06/21/2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by mrboba View Post
    So this means that all Walmart workers could get a third party plan? Or just the ones who work behind the counter where they sell phones? I'm assuming you can still keep the 3rd party plan even if you no longer work there.

Seriously, I'll do ANYTHING if I could get a 3rd party plan. They're a very good value.

seeing as you have to get it thru your sprint account rep and they now are a lot stricter you will have to be selling 5 sprint phones personally yourself and fill out the 1 page quiz along with the proper contract paperwork and you have to provied your own ESN. Not all walmart employees will get it
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    2 lines (1500 shared minutes) @ 129.99 + 27% corporate discount = 94.89 (47.45 per line).
    Adding TEP @ $7 per line before the 30 days are up.

Adding a 3rd line soon.
    3 lines @ 149.98 + 27% discount = 109.49 (36.50 per line)
    Family share 3000 min plan for 2 phones 169
    credit union discount 25% -42.5
    2 ins 7$ each 14.00
    total 141.50

had been paying about $126 total before plan change
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    I get 10% employee discount on my 69.99 data plan. Thought i could get another 10% on top of it, but i guess not, so i might ask for the $59.99 referral plan.

Also, best buy knocked $50 off the price of my Pre, so i ended up getting it for $299 even though i was only eligble for the 1 year upgrade price. : )
    You may check to see if there is a way to get a bigger discount.

HOT!!!! Official List of Employee Discounts for Sprint Customers--Discounts for Various Employees--10 to 25% off

Sometimes there are discounts for members of organizations as well. If not, the $59.99 will be your best bet. But if you can get a 25% or so, that'll beat your $59.99 plan.
    Can you just buy the Pre outright at $549 and keep your old plan? I'm currently running 2 lines on a family plan, Centro & Treo, with unlimited data, text, n&w (nights at 7), roaming, Sprint-to-Sprint, etc., and 1,000 anytime minutes, for a total of $50 (excl. taxes & fees).

Even if I got the cheapest listed Everything plan for two lines, I'd make up the $350 difference between new contract & Pre's retail ($549-$199) within a matter of months. So, for me, it'd be 100% worth it to just buy the Pre at retail if I can put it on my plan.
    Everything Data 1500 Family Plan. 2 phones. $100.09 before taxes and fees (corp discount 23%).
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenI View Post
    Can you just buy the Pre outright at $549 and keep your old plan? I'm currently running 2 lines on a family plan, Centro & Treo, with unlimited data, text, n&w (nights at 7), roaming, Sprint-to-Sprint, etc., and 1,000 anytime minutes, for a total of $50 (excl. taxes & fees).

Even if I got the cheapest listed Everything plan for two lines, I'd make up the $350 difference between new contract & Pre's retail ($549-$199) within a matter of months. So, for me, it'd be 100% worth it to just buy the Pre at retail if I can put it on my plan.
    Unfortunately, you can't keep your old plan. You'll need to switch to one of the "Everything" plans for the Pre.
    Sprint Employee + Palm Pre Advocate= free service and phone for me !!!!!!
    Everything Data $69.9 450 Minutes Individual
    19% corporate discount

The Pre is a 2nd line for me.

I was told that I could not have the corporate discount applied after being told that they were going to apply it. I think it had something to due with the fact that my other line is on the $30 SERO plan. I threatened to return the Pre and cancel the line if the did not apply it to the Pre line. I just viewed my first bill and not only did the 19% discount get applied to the Pre line but it was also applied to the line on the SERO plan.

My SERO plan is now only $24.30.
    Last edited by purplecharm; 06/22/2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    combined my plan with my sweethearts plan - i am a $20 add on.
    Am I the only one here paying the $99.00 Simply Everything full price? I do get lots of incoming calls at work and lots of outgoing calls when business gets busy, not to mention hours of evening calls. Been with Sprint for years and maybe I should get a little discount, no?
    3 Lines - 1500 minutes + 25% discount

$112.48
    or
    $37.49/line
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Everything Data 1500 Family Plan. 2 phones. $100.09 before taxes and fees (corp discount 23%).
    Exact same. But I also have insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo77 View Post
    i just added a 4th line... but i do get 30% corporate account discount... I think that's the biggest discount you can get?
    Where do you work to be eligible for a 30% discount?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast