1. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I know many of you haven't been able to figure out how to send a text to multiple contacts, or just didn't know where to look and didn't bother searching. For those that want to know how, when start a new text (by hitting the plus sign in the bottom left of the messaging app) just select your first contact, and then simply type another contact after that. Simple as pie
    yes, that is what has been added with the update.

no. wait, this has always been on there...
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I dont beleive that has been the issue. Most of us want to group contacts into one heading and then just hit that heading and send a mass text
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    I dont beleive that has been the issue. Most of us want to group contacts into one heading and then just hit that heading and send a mass text
    That's the ticket.
    That's always been there.
    bingo
    The problem is i'd like to send a text to ALL my contacts at ONCE. This is completely ridiculous that I have to go through the hundreds of contacts to send my new number.
    Well. Op maybe you shouldn't text that many people. Haha
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I'd like to be able to email an entire group not text, again without have to click each name over and over
    Anybody figure out how to reply via text to an incoming number that is NOT in your contat list without having to type that number in at the top?
    Quote Originally Posted by fltsimguy View Post
    Anybody figure out how to reply via text to an incoming number that is NOT in your contat list without having to type that number in at the top?
    No joke. This is a crazy oversight.

D.C.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fltsimguy View Post
    Act as if you're adding in the incoming number from the recent calls list to your contacts list, by clicking the add icon in the recent calls list. Before actually adding it in, there will be a 'SMS' button near the number. Click that, and just send an text. I believe that's how it's done.
    It'd still be convenient to have the option of sending a mass text from within a conversation without having to draft an entirely new one. That's just the lazy part of me talking; a simple back gesture would take you back to where you can make the new thread.

Also, the majority of mass texts I send are passing along a forwarded text that I got in the first place. But that's more of a SMS forwarding issue, which you can't do at all.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be too drastically appalled. I believe most of the smart phones out there don't have the SMS forwarding feature, at least on it's initial 1.0 release. Correct me if I'm wrong, since it is only an assumption.

Within time, features like those can be added in with an update. If they can add a video recording feature with an update, something this small compared to "video recording" could be done. Again, within time.