Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sunday does sound good.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Aye.
    I would guess around 2 - 3 months. There is a lot that needs to be fixed and added first before that.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Oh yeah, I googled it and says it can do it.
    yes i have looked it up and it is well capable of recording video!! it will be available in an update sooner or later...
    I used to use mine on the centro all the time. Nothing dirty, sometimes it's more helpful to video all around something then to take a ton of pictures.

I felt kinda stupid for falling for what the chick told me, it seemed like a little thing to lie about, I'd been waiting for hours it wasn't like I wasn't going to be getting the phone.
    I thought palm originally said this would be added in the fall sometime.
    Palms quick release of the last two updates is very encouraging. I'd say its gonna happen sooner than later. My guess is within the next few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    ... and all linkage to reality ended.
    Ain't that the truth. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    honestly, all in all. is EVERYONE actually going to use it? what i mean is will you really use it everyday? or just something once a month?
    For me, I never used the video on my Centro. I did use the still camera (great for "live from [place]" photo albums on Facebook, though the Pre can only upload to the "mobile" album right now, grr). I guess I just don't have a need for video. But some other folks might, so I hope they get it fairly soon (but not before necessary updates, of course; Palm needs to prioritize!).
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    We'll have it Sunday.

Groovy, where did you hear Sunday from??
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    Groovy, where did you hear Sunday from??
    Pulled that one straight out of my keester. Seemed like a reasonable answer to a completely unanswerable question.
    Pulled that one straight out of my keester. Seemed like a reasonable answer to a completely unanswerable question.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    Anyone know if it'll be a plam update, 3rd party app or a hack?
    Almost definitely - I can't think of a fourth possibility...

When I got the phone the sprint rep said it was a matter of days... It's been 13
    And if it takes a year, that will be 365 days. "A matter of days" simply means it's more than 48 hours.
    Anyone know if it'll be a plam update, 3rd party app or a hack? When I got the phone the sprint rep said it was a matter of days... It's been 13
    I am 100% positive that it will be option number one; The Plam update. I have heard very good things about those Plams.
    The Pre (and the new iPhone 3GS, having similar architechture and processor speed) is actually capable of recording upto 720p video!

So lets hope Palm gets it right!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    The Pre (and the new iPhone 3GS, having similar architechture and processor speed) is actually capable of recording upto 720p video!

So lets hope Palm gets it right!
    720p? pre recording HD? I do not see this possible.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I think Palm is trying to fix "bugs" at this point. If Palm releases an update to include video, I wouldn't expect it real soon. I think it's more likely we'll se a 3rd party solution sooner. I've seen some stuff on the web already. I can't believe it will take a developer too much time to get something out there.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I think the best we can hope for is when the SDK drops, which palm says will be at the end of the summer. Think of the possibilities, apps can call on the use of the camera anytime...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    We'll have it Sunday.
    Could we do it Monday? I've this thing on Sunday....

Also, if my Pre isn't capable of giving me a hummer by months end, I'm taking this **** back.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    Could we do it Monday? I've this thing on Sunday....

Also, if my Pre isn't capable of giving me a hummer by months end, I'm taking this **** back.
    You can try but I hear it pinches.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast