Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I use a Touchstone, so I'm used to a little warmth on the back of my Pre when i remove it from the magnet. Almost an hour after performing the 1.0.3 update which took 5 mins via WiFi, I just picked up my Pre and it almost scalded my hand. it's flaming hot right now. Anyone else see something change regarding charging or battery use after the 1.0.3 push??
    nothing changed on mine
    No issues on mine either.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Actually my phone ringer is louder.-sent from my Palm Pre-
    I have been charging via usb. haven't noticed it any hotter than usual.
    my phone didnt heat up nearly as much after the update with recharging by usb from my laptop (was topping it off to see how well the batt does after the update)
    I don't use a touchstone and mine has always been scalding, even today right before the update.
    Nope! no problems here so far, it heats (not burning) from time to time after 15-25 minutes of cell talk since June 6th, I still need to test that now with 1.0.3, will update in a couple of days
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    no heat problems here. No touchstone here either.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    My phone seems to get fairly hot when charging with the car charger. When I charge via usb on my laptop, the phone seems to stay relatively cool. I haven't tried charging with the wall charging unit yet.
    I believe when people discussed battery life on the iphones a long time ago, they said that signal strength will have an impact on battery life because it will work harder with a weaker signal... work = possibly more heat.

So is it possible when charging you also have weaker signal at time and the thing is working harder charging yet maintaining signal and heating up? Possibly why that it's inconsistent with people?
    Yes... dl update around 4:30... by WIFI .... 10 min start to finish.

Put phone on charger for little bit to top off before leaving for dinner
    around 5:30.

Pre was almost to hot to touch and battery ran dead from 37% in less than 1 hour with no use!

Whats up with that!
    And is the heat going to degrade the LCD over time?
    and have to think heat has gotta degrade the battery over time.
    Another theory... another post discusses the phone feeling faster... maybe they upped the cpu speed and that's gonna cause more heat if the case.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I put mine on the TS after the upgrade as the battery was down to 20% at 4pm (hadn't been charged since yesterday @8am). No heating problems here.
    Mine is charged by USB direct... not Touchstone.

Could that make a difference?
    I'm not having heat issues but the update did cause my phone to grow legs and start shooting at me.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I use a Touchstone, so I'm used to a little warmth on the back of my Pre when i remove it from the magnet. Almost an hour after performing the 1.0.3 update which took 5 mins via WiFi, I just picked up my Pre and it almost scalded my hand. it's flaming hot right now. Anyone else see something change regarding charging or battery use after the 1.0.3 push??
    heck yea dude!!!! I thought I was the only one this happened to!! I downloaded mine via EVDO and was holding it in my hand as I was downloading and installing it and after the restart i noticed that it was burning my hand, I was like whoa thats hot!! but in its defense it did cool down after 5 mins or so..
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Yes... dl update around 4:30... by WIFI .... 10 min start to finish.

Put phone on charger for little bit to top off before leaving for dinner
    around 5:30.

Pre was almost to hot to touch and battery ran dead from 37% in less than 1 hour with no use!

Whats up with that!
    yea my battery went down rapidly also!! but I figured that it was from me downloading the update via EVDO
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    my phone has been insanely hot when it charges since day one, and strangely enough, it doesn't get as hot while charging after the update (it's still hot, just not 'ouch I burnt my hand' hot). battery life does not seem improved, at all.

Just to see if it's the same, where is your phone getting hot? Mine is just behind the keyboard, which is not the battery. also, does your phone ever get cold? my phone is always slightly warm, and it never gets to room temperature, even with no cards open, and doing nothing.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast