Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is there a website showing a full breakdown of the phone?
    maybe a design issue and the CPU is touching something?
    Is CPU near the LCD causing the LCD distortions?
    over medium please hahaha
    Phone is warm as usual but my battery life is nice and stable.
    Last edited by Eguy; 06/20/2009 at 04:13 AM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm the exact opposite of the OP. My pre has been cooler than normal, before the update it was getting hot (really hot) at least once a day. But, at least in the last 8-10 hours since I updated, it has been nice and cool, kinda like the stone it was supposed to be modeled after. And my battery hasn't drained nearly as fast.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Yes... dl update around 4:30... by WIFI .... 10 min start to finish.

Put phone on charger for little bit to top off before leaving for dinner
    around 5:30.

Pre was almost to hot to touch and battery ran dead from 37% in less than 1 hour with no use!

Whats up with that!
    Wow, I updated mine via EVDO and it took about 5 minutes, start to finish. No issues so far, thank God
    I noticed the battery was warmer after the update - but after a bit was not warm at all in normal use.
    My Pre used to gets a little hot when it goes to email... I have turned my email to MANUAL.. as do some friends with iPhones.. it drains thier batteries also.. since then it doesn't heat up so much and also the battery actually lasts a long time.. however, I have 2 touchstones.. since the 1.03 update last night my pre will NOT charge with either of them any more..
    Starting to get a little scarred if Palm is going to pull this off.. I purchased a lot of Pre stuff.. thinking it was solid...( at least for a new product ) All the buz was Palm held it back so they could tweak it and have it right when they released it..
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    When I place my Pre on he Touchstone after the 1.0.3 update it did get warmer than usual, BUT, in addition I was very disturbed by the constant notification ( every 30 sec to a minute) with the charging sound. I think I will put the Pre in Airplane mode tonight and see what happens. I hope that this solves the problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by dgeehan View Post
    When I place my Pre on he Touchstone after the 1.0.3 update it did get warmer than usual, BUT, in addition I was very disturbed by the constant notification ( every 30 sec to a minute) with the charging sound. I think I will put the Pre in Airplane mode tonight and see what happens. I hope that this solves the problem...
    My boyfriend's Pre was doing the same thing this morning!! Once I took it off the Touchstone and put it back on, it stopped. No idea why it was acting like that, though ...
    I bought my pre from the second batch of phones shall we say I got mine on wednesday and have had no problems... kind of wondering if there was a difference between the ones that went out on the first day and the second batch...?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12