Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The old Treo trick of searching contacts by typing the first letter of the first name followed by several letters of the last name works on the Pre.

So to find 'John Doe' you can type jdo

This helps especially with family contacts or those with common names.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I didn't see it.
    That's what I do, based upon my Treo experience. Also, I frequently find it much easier to open apps by typing the first 2 letters of the name, rather than the Launcher.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I could be wrong, but I'm thinking this search method is patented by Palm. It's the best way to locate contacts.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Thanks! That's a great tip. I never knew this before.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm thinking this search method is patented by Palm. It's the best way to locate contacts.
    its worked on BB forever.

I usually do first initial <space> last etc.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I only wish you could do this from the phone keypad in the phone app so you wouldn't have to open the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    I only wish you could do this from the phone keypad in the phone app so you wouldn't have to open the keyboard.
    +1

and add a favorites or VIP scene like iPhone.. very nice! since its dialed to a persons number.. not their complete contact