1.    #1  
    Has anyone charged their Pre to their Sprint account?

I tried to do so at the store in Evanston, IL; stone's throw from Chicago. I was told that Sprint stopped allowing customers to charge a new phone to their account. The salesperson even went further to say that this is a restriction specific to the midwest. This sounds like BS to me. I'm going to go to another Sprint store tomorrow to check if I receive the same story.

I'd love to hear if you've been able to so. Especially, if you're in Chicago or the midwest.
    I BTM'd my Pre. I know that it has to do with your spending limit and credit rating. When I opened the account I could not BTM even though I opened it with a $750 spending limit. A year in and I upgraded with no spending limit and BTM'd the phone, and V-case. I brought the V case back when it got recalled.
  3.    #3  
    WTF is BTM?
    Sorry, Bill to Mobile account.

At Att we have alot of strict rules about BTM because of the potential for fraud. It's possible your account can not support BTM or something and they are trying to defuse the situation by saying no one can do it in the area. I do know that as far as telesales goes if BTM is not populated on our Point of Sales System it is NOT an option. No one from Agent to Center Supervisor can enable that option if it is not already present based on those strict rules and guidelines. I'd assume Sprint is similar.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/19/2009 at 06:50 PM.
    I got mine on the 2nd shipment last week. I specifically asked before I came in because I had actually forgotten my wallet that day. Took me 10 minutes in and out, BTM for the Pre (minus a measley $75 credit) and a new car charger....
    Billed my Pre and a car charger to my account at 8:05am on June 6th at a corporate Sprint store. No problem at all. Already paid off.
    I had 2 Pre's 2 touchstones and a car charger put on my account in Austin Tx. I am NOT looking forward to that bill.
    Walked in and hour hour later had a new pre billed to my account here in Orlando!
    I billed my phone and charger to my account today. I'm in Ohio.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poops View Post

I tried to do so at the store in Evanston, IL; stone's throw from Chicago. I was told that Sprint stopped allowing customers to charge a new phone to their account. The salesperson even went further to say that this is a restriction specific to the midwest. This sounds like BS to me. I'm going to go to another Sprint store tomorrow to check if I receive the same story.

I'd love to hear if you've been able to so. Especially, if you're in Chicago or the midwest.
    When I picked mine up at the LaSalle Street (loop) store the eve of the 5th they asked if I wanted to bill to my account. I opted not to 'cause I wanted the amex points, but that's been two weeks ago.

bj
    I bought mine at radio shack, No interest 12 months,
    i did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by poops View Post

Someone's being fed bologna and it's not from Oscar Meyer this time! I put my Pre, and all accessories onto my bill here in California, almost $500 and it still has not shown up on it yet. Account still shows a zero balance from when I paid last months monthly bill. They said the purchase and any other credits/charges will appear when my billing cycle date rolls around. That's the 28th, 22 days after I got my Pre. Oh yeah, also got an Airave coming and they put the $100 charge on my acct yesterday, then credited it back today Still got a zero balance. Gotta love it!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Sprint bumped me in front of everyone inline waiting for a Palm Pre a few days ago. They had their last unit and sold it to me by charging it to my account ;D
    Charged mine to my account...I'm in Chicago. Wish you could have had that written down about what was said. I'd have someone's job!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    They suggested it to me at the Sprint store in Lubbock. I did it, got the bill a few days ago and have already paid it.
    I did.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    charged it to my account!