1.    #1  
    With 1.0.2, javascript ran very slow to say the least. Moving tickers (like the moving pictures or the at&t ad on engadget.com) and such lacked almost any animation (due to speed, not rendering.) I'm happy to say that 1.0.3 DOES go a little faster/smoother in this, but the iphone browser makes it look like a dinosaur so we know it is possible.

Point of the Post: iPhone may be rockin with the best mobile browser still, but this update gives me hope that the Pre browser has what it takes to surpass it... eventually
    why do u even need it on? mine is always off and page load 83% faster
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Javascript is what makes the web usable. So what if a page loads 83% faster if it does not work. Now, of course, there are pages that do not use it and, in those cases, it makes no difference if it is on or off.
    The perfect solution is for a system similar to Noscript and firefox which should be possible at some point where you can specify the scripts to load and ignore the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    Javascript is what makes the web usable. So what if a page loads 83% faster if it does not work. Now, of course, there are pages that do not use it and, in those cases, it makes no difference if it is on or off.
    i dont know about u but so far all my bookmarks is fine even when javascript is off, it looks just like it is with javascript on, and it works fine.. i rather just save time then wait longer for those ads to load
    you probably never used Facebook full version,
    just a casual facebooker