View Poll Results: Everyone else having a similar experience?

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes my pre is deffinetly faster!

171 62.87%
  • No, nothing is faster your just imagining it

95 34.93%
  • Uggh my phone is slower after the update! ><

6 2.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    So iv just updated my pre to the new FW and i must admit everything IS working faster - from searching my contacts to pictures loading up to music and scrolling

good job palm
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I can't really tell a difference at this time.
    mmhmmm
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Hard to tell. But my reception sure hasn't changed.
    Honestly, mines the same, if anything slower. I think you guys think its going faster because you did a fresh restart, and cleared out the RAM, etc.
    Planetary alignment and excessive solar flares are causing the molecules in the flash memory of the phone to align in a more efficient manner thus allowing the OS to run faster, duh.
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Honestly, mines the same, if anything slower. I think you guys think its going faster because you did a fresh restart, and cleared out the RAM, etc.
    well i have yet to restart my phone, i just did the update
    after having my device on 1.02 since iv owned it for 10 days..i can really tell after the update that things are moving quicker..strange that yours seems slower
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Its faster when I have multiple cards open. The camera is faster, and scrolling is somewhat smoother, but it could just be the reset.
    I just finished updating and my Pre now has rocket launchers and dispenses popcorn.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    after having my device on 1.02 since iv owned it for 10 days..i can really tell after the update that things are moving quicker..strange that yours seems slower

It was probably the restart more than anything else.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    It seemed much faster to me immediately after I installed the update.
    Makes we wish I had timed things or even video recorded using the phone to have a more objective comparison.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Scrolling is smoother and they added incremental list updating to the contacts application.

not sure what people are talking about with the camera.. mine was always pretty fast
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    Lol, you are aware the update restarts the phone right?
    So does anyone have two Pre's to compare the Speed before and after the update? That would prove if it is faster or not.

Jacob
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    No... it's not faster at all. It's exactly the same. If they had made any changes to the overall performance of the OS, I'm sure they would have told us about it.

This update was pretty insignificant, and definitely did not affect the performace. If it seems like it did to anyone, it is surely placebo.
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Scrolling is smoother and they added incremental list updating to the contacts application.

not sure what people are talking about with the camera.. mine was always pretty fast
    The contact list had incremental updating in 1.0.2
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I've noticed two things so far....JACK SQUAT!

I see no speed increase with anything.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    just got an email notification and the email opened sooooooooo much faster....already loved my phone, I think now we might get hitched
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Well, they all restart once the update has completed. But, browsing is faster, the camera takes photos a bit faster, apps seem to start faster.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast