View Poll Results: Everyone else having a similar experience?

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes my pre is deffinetly faster!

171 62.87%
  • No, nothing is faster your just imagining it

95 34.93%
  • Uggh my phone is slower after the update! ><

6 2.21%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just received my first incoming call since updating, with two Tweed cards, email, and calendar open. The call came in, but it took at least two seconds for the answer/reject buttons to show and then three separate presses to answer.

Along with the new lag I'm getting when first starting to scroll, I'm thinking while 1.0.3 gave, it also took away.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The phone in its entirety is faster all around. I've done multiple hard resets with the phone prior to 1.03 to know the difference. I updated before even coming to the forums not knowing what the improvements where and right away I noticed universal search is almost instantaneous, the phone app comes up very quickly. The launcher is almost in real time when coming up after hitting the button. Page transitions are definitely smoother. I haven't noticed an appreciable change in internet browsing - but the browser does initially come up faster.

Kudos to PALM!
    Interesting that some folks are having a very different experience with 1.0.3. What I'm experiencing is:

1. There's a hesitation before some actions take hold. For example, when clicking on an app icon, there's often a delay before the selection animation shows up and the app starts to load.

2. Scrolling is as erratic at times as with 1.0.2, but now there's often a pause before scrolling starts. If I open contacts from a running card and start flicking immediately, it can be a good second or more for it starts scrolling. This is particularly obvious with the launchere--where previously I could open the launcher and immediate start flicking pages, now there's a bothersome delay before it starts scrolling. And then, scrolling's not smooth at all.

3. I received a call and whereas with 1.0.2, the answer/ignore buttons would show up immediately, in this case the caller's picture showed up, then a second later the buttons showed up, and then it took three touches before the call was answered.

I love that non-SSL Exchange is now working for me, but I've not had a very good experience with 1.0.3 performance-wise. Anyone else having worse performance since the update?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    The only thing that feels faster to me is the browser !! but it is starting to **** me off how long the apps take to open up!! they seriously need to fix that!!!
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    2. Scrolling is as erratic at times as with 1.0.2, but now there's often a pause before scrolling starts. If I open contacts from a running card and start flicking immediately, it can be a good second or more for it starts scrolling. This is particularly obvious with the launchere--where previously I could open the launcher and immediate start flicking pages, now there's a bothersome delay before it starts scrolling. And then, scrolling's not smooth at all.

[/QUOTE]

I agree!!!! and that is very annoying! scrolling is not as smooth anymore it seems stiff at times or laggy
    Signal is better also. Yeah it is faster will more then likely keep my Pre. I love it.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Interesting that some folks are having a very different experience with 1.0.3. What I'm experiencing is:

1. There's a hesitation before some actions take hold. For example, when clicking on an app icon, there's often a delay before the selection animation shows up and the app starts to load.

3. I received a call and whereas with 1.0.2, the answer/ignore buttons would show up immediately, in this case the caller's picture showed up, then a second later the buttons showed up, and then it took three touches before the call was answered.

I love that non-SSL Exchange is now working for me, but I've not had a very good experience with 1.0.3 performance-wise. Anyone else having worse performance since the update?

dude I hate 1.0.3 it made my battery life worst than it already was and my phone all around just feels laggy
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The camera app is waaaay faster. I've got 2 little girls that I'm constantly taking pics of (like 500 photos) and I can without a doubt tell you the camera app is awesome now. I can actually capture the moment
  9. UserOne
    I, too, have to say that the camera "shutter time" if you want to call it that is faster. In other words, it takes pictures faster so that you can take another one quicker than you used to.

Other than the camera app speed upgrade, that is all I've noticed so far.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234