Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you don't want to read a story about my nightmare installing 1.0.3 you don't have to read

So I was really excited when I saw in the forums I could update to 1.0.3. The update downloaded perfectly (and fast because I was on wifi). My phone was on my touchstone. I clicked install, and all seemed to work, the black palm screen with the install bar shows its progressing, and all is well until I noticed around 15 minutes later that it was just sitting on the black screen with the "palm" logo. At 20 minutes, still the same thing, 25...30..35...45.......1 hour and 15 minutes later I'm frantic and wondering why the hell my phone isn't starting up.

So I took the battery out because I couldn't do ANYTHING with my phone, and put it back in, and turned it on. The black palm screen pops up like normal, and I think it might be a success, then I find myself waiting 5 minutes, and still nothing shows up. At this point, I'm freaking out/pissed because I was thinking my phone was bricked. So again, I take my battery out and put it back in...turn it back on. This time something different popped up, it showed the palm logo as well as the install status bar showing the update installing, and some text at the bottom saying (don't remove the battery). The thing installs pretty quick, AND MY PHONE FINALLY STARTS UP, and I get to see my beautiful screen again.

It doesn't end there though, because soon after my phone starts up, I start clicking around to see if I notice and speed differences, and after a minute of playing around, I find that my "up" gesture to go into card mode won't work. I also found that I couldn't throw my cards away anymore either. The card just remained "half stuck" and it wouldn't let me throw it away. None of my apps at this point would load either. So I restart my phone AGAIN...

In conclusion, right now the phone looks like its acting normal. My phone info is saying that its updated to 1.0.3 and honestly, I notice no difference at all. It seems exactly the same as before, I think it might actually seem more laggy. I'm pretty scared the install might have not really installed on my phone, but it just says I have the 1.0.3 software (if that makes any sense at all).

Anyway, thanks for listening to my story, I hope you guys all have better luck then me. I really hope this doesn't happen on the next install...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    What kind of "hacking" did you do to your system before you did the update?
  3.    #3  
    I did no hacking at all. I'm too scared to do stuff like to the phone.

Does anyone notice when you're scrolling through a webpage, it seems like the scrolling is a little smoother for like a second, then it will have some kind of "lag" the start scrolling again like butter. Anyone else notice this?
    Was your phone plugged in when you tried to play with the gestures? Random question, because my touch screen doesn't seem to work at all when the phone is plugged in or on the touchstone. Can't get any of the gestures to really work.
  5.    #5  
    The phone wasn't plugged in when my gestures started going beserk, and my cards were going nuts. The phone was plugged in however the entire time it was installing.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Mine took ~5 minutes including the DL off EV-DO...

Sorry about your luck.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Domali View Post
    Was your phone plugged in when you tried to play with the gestures? Random question, because my touch screen doesn't seem to work at all when the phone is plugged in or on the touchstone. Can't get any of the gestures to really work.
    I often use my phone when it's on the touchstone. It works the same for me when it's on the stone as when it's not. In fact, it's stoned right now.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Just updated without a hitch. Sorry yours didn't go better
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Was there really much of a point to this post? Almost sounds like trolling to avert potential new Pre owners.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Was there really much of a point to this post? Almost sounds like trolling to avert potential new Pre owners.
    Obviously I'm trolling........

What was the point to your accusation? Am I not allowed to post glitches I've experienced with my phone? I think by your logic half the posts on the forum could be trolling because its people complaining about things going wrong with their phone.

Prior to this, I haven't had a single thing wrong with my phone, and my only complaint was the lack of apps. I was praising the phone to everyone. I still am because my phone seems fine for the moment. Maybe YOU should pay attention to who posts what in the forum, instead of calling people trolls.
    Put....down....the...crack....pipe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Put....down....the...crack....pipe!
    YeeeHawwww!!!!

((Nope, can't find a John Lennon smilie, darn))
    ((Nope, can't find a John Lennon smilie, darn))
    Yoko won't allow it.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Why did you keep taking the battery out without first trying to reset it by holding the power button and flipping the ringer switch 3 times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Yoko won't allow it.
    It might interfere with my rather high does of mood stabilizers anyway...

....EEEeeeuuuuuuwwwwww!!!!! Yoko??? That's one ugly person. Who wouldn't need crack to take a crack at that?
    Update success for me. Took exactly 7 min from download to the final reboot over EVDO.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    If you're that freaked, do a reset - then battery out, hold volume up battery in power on webos doctor and restore 1.02 ... then re-do the update and restore your prefs..
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    Why did you keep taking the battery out without first trying to reset it by holding the power button and flipping the ringer switch 3 times?
    Honestly, I didn't know about this reset option. Just holding the power button down wasn't doing anything for me, and I didn't know what else to do. I had posted a thread in the forum while this was all going on as to what I should do. But no one responded.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think my phone is fine now. Hopefully no more glitches
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    If you're that freaked, do a reset - then battery out, hold volume up battery in power on webos doctor and restore 1.02 ... then re-do the update and restore your prefs..
    Didn't realize you could restore a previous version. Good info...is that in the users guide? (I usually only read it if I have a problem.)
    Call tech support. They'll probably have you download the UpdateDoctor that the hackers have been using to get your phone back to 1.02. Then try the 1.03 update again. Hopefully all will go well the next time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast