1.    #1  
    Is there any way to wake up the phone/screen with center button?

-Brett
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Short answer, no. Phone only wakes up when you tap the power button, or slide the keyboard out.
    You might think it's more convenient to use the center button to turn the phone on/off, but its placement would create a disaster in your pocket, in a case, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    You might think it's more convenient to use the center button to turn the phone on/off, but its placement would create a disaster in your pocket, in a case, etc.
    Hardly. Because the Pre still has to be touched on the lock icon on the screen to be totally unlocked.

Touching the center button doesnt even light up the screen, which is retarded. Palm needs to fix this because its a total PITA to hit the power button everytime you need to unlock the phone.
    I agree..I'd much rather be able to hit the center button to wake the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Hardly. Because the Pre still has to be touched on the lock icon on the screen to be totally unlocked.

Touching the center button doesnt even light up the screen, which is retarded. Palm needs to fix this because its a total PITA to hit the power button everytime you need to unlock the phone.
    when holding it with keyboard closed my finger rests right where the power button is, not a PITA for me
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Since the button is convex instead of concave, I think it would accidentially cause the screen to turn on a lot in my pocket. Which would affect battery life, more than do pocket dialing or whatever.

If it was an option, I wouldn't turn it on, but I understand why people might like it.
    not that i know of