Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I see some are saying their signal is better with the update staying solid 4 bars. Well mine goes from 5 to 2 to 4 to 3 to 4 to 2 to 5. Anyone else still having the same issue? It seems to jump around ALOT slower but still jumps around while it sits on my desk.
  2. #2  
    Same issues. Think it was supposed to help those in weak areas. I'm in a strong area.
  3. #3  
    i get 1 bar difference in my apartment. i think thats somewhat better
  4. #4  
    Mine jumps from 4 to 2 as well. Looks like its not fixed. Will give it more tme.
  5. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #5  
    Mine feels better now actually. Even my verizon phone slowly fluctuated like the pre is doing now.
  6. #6  
    the release doesnt say this update fixed signal issues so i wouldnt expect it to fix signal issues
  7. #7  
    solid 4 bars here, used to do some serious jumping.
  8. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #8  
    whats funny is i installed my AIRAVE last night and my phone which was in the other room as the AIRAVE was jumping signals like mad.
  9. #9  
    Mine jumped around like that in 1.0.2. Now it is staying solid between 4-5 bars! It used to be an average of 3-4 with allot of jumping around.
  10. #10  
    I know if they show a solid bar number regardless of signal like AT&T most of the ignorant masses will be happy. If you really want to know your signal and its fluctuations check ##debug# and look at your rssi and io ec numbers.
  11. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #11  
    Try a PRL update to see if that helps?
  12. #12  
    Palm never promised a signal improvement from this update
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
  13. ndawes's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #13  
    What is a PRL update?
  14. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Palm never promised a signal improvement from this update
    Except, didn't the Sprint Configuration go up from 1.4 to 1.5 in this 1.0.3 update?

    My signal definitely fluctuates slower and early impressions are that I get about 1 more bar on average.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndawes View Post
    What is a PRL update?
    Preferred Roaming List
  16. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #16  
    Who cares how many bars or how often the bars change....as long as you can make calls and use data does it matter? (it could possibly, but most likely not)

    Like someone else said...do ##debug# to get the actual signal strength and so how much its fluctuating.

    .02
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Who cares how many bars or how often the bars change....as long as you can make calls and use data does it matter? (it could possibly, but most likely not)

    Like someone else said...do ##debug# to get the actual signal strength and so how much its fluctuating.

    .02

    Who is going to sit or stand around putting in debug commands? The signal strength indicator should (on a decent phone) indicate if one is in a weak signal area, and if there is one bar it SHOULD indicate that call quality will be sub-par. Some of you guys are making a cell phone into a hobby or experiment. NORMAL people just want an f'ing phone that WORKS.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Who is going to sit or stand around putting in debug commands? The signal strength indicator should (on a decent phone) indicate if one is in a weak signal area, and if there is one bar it SHOULD indicate that call quality will be sub-par. Some of you guys are making a cell phone into a hobby or experiment. NORMAL people just want an f'ing phone that WORKS.

    Have to agree with that statement. I guess the signal strength is for the "ignorant masses". Palm must of been maniacally laughing as they designed the signal strength meter.
    There is no spoon
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Have to agree with that statement. I guess the signal strength is for the "ignorant masses". Palm must of been maniacally laughing as they designed the signal strength meter.
    I doubt that's the only thing they are laughing about, with respect to the Pre.
  20. #20  
    Since update I now have 4 bars. Girlfriend no update 1 bar so far so good getting less drop calls now then when I first got it on launch day. Will have to test this out for a couple of days first to give an true account.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions