Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    So I see some are saying their signal is better with the update staying solid 4 bars. Well mine goes from 5 to 2 to 4 to 3 to 4 to 2 to 5. Anyone else still having the same issue? It seems to jump around ALOT slower but still jumps around while it sits on my desk.
    yup my signal is still the crappy mess that it was with 1.0.2 people are just imagining that their signal is better
    To fix reception problems in areas where the Sprint signal is known to be strong ...
    In Network, set to Sprint Only
    On Dial Pad, enter ##3836# and then select EVDO Only
    This will prevent the phone from continuously looking at the analog signal available and bouncing back and forth.
    This is what is causing the problem, the digital signal strength is actually strong (for known areas).
    Have had 5 bars continuously since I discovered this fix elsewhere on the forum.
    Pass the word ...
  3. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    To fix reception problems in areas where the Sprint signal is known to be strong ...
    In Network, set to Sprint Only
    On Dial Pad, enter ##3836# and then select EVDO Only
    This will prevent the phone from continuously looking at the analog signal available and bouncing back and forth.
    This is what is causing the problem, the digital signal strength is actually strong (for known areas).
    Have had 5 bars continuously since I discovered this fix elsewhere on the forum.
    Pass the word ...
    to clarify your suggestion. there is no more cellular analog in the majority of the United States. this setting only turns off the search between evdo and 1xrtt.

Additionally, phone calls do not go over the evdo network. They go over 1xrtt, always. evdo is evolution data only. it theoretically supports VoIP, however Sprint has not implemented this.

1xrtt is a digital technology. not analog.

also, in areas where sprint signal is already weak, like where I live.. setting to EVDO only is useless, as you cannot create signal where there is none. If evdo only turns up the gain on the antenna in the Pre, you're going to drain the battery just as much as you normally would with the setting (as it would normally be)... because the antenna is using higher power to achieve a signal, that isn't there anyway.
    My phone must be broke it always has 5 bars.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12