Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    The call history moves a lot smoother after this update. It lagged a lot when scrolling before this update.. but maybe thats just mine.
    It seems to be downloading it now for me, hopefully I will be successful!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    sweet.

You know what I'll be doing tonight when I get home....
    Charging your battery ?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    New applications

No new applications in update 1.0.3

Feature changes to existing applications

Calendar
    Events created in your Google calendar—either in Calendar on your phone or in Google online—that contain a symbol or accented character in the event name can now synchronize. Previously, including a symbol or accented character in an event name prevented the event from synchronizing.
    Changes made to Google events on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
    The sync interval for Google events has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.

Clock

If you create a weekday alarm on a weekend, the alarm sounds only on weekdays. Previously the alarm would sound on the weekend also.

Contacts

Changes made to Google contacts on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
    The sync interval for Google contacts has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.

Email

Power performance in areas where wireless coverage is sporadic or unavailable has been enhanced.
    Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) mail servers are now supported.

Other

Miscellaneous updates for Email, Phone, and other applications.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Who wants to bet palm just made the bars display as full when infact you have no service just to stop us from complaining... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Guys. Gals. Everybody. For the love of all that is holy, we have a tipline for news like this:

http://www.precentral.net/contact

Thank you tons to the users who hit us up, but I would love dearly to be hit up sooner!
    Don't like getting scooped by Engadget with a link to your own forum, eh?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Why is mine still sitting at the Palm screen!??!?!?!? It downloaded over WI-fi and everything!! Its been about 15 minutes now since I started it.
    So it appears you can connect exchange to a server not using SSL, but they have not fixed the self signed certificate problem (Time and Date). Is anyone experiencing something otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Why is mine still sitting at the Palm screen!??!?!?!? It downloaded over WI-fi and everything!! Its been about 15 minutes now since I started it.
    Oh man, you BROKE it already? Nice. Strong work.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Don't like getting scooped by Engadget with a link to your own forum, eh?
    This site's "news" page is always a day late and a buck short compared to Engadget...literally. I usually see it on here 24 hours later.

Kudos to Palm for the update today.
    Check it!!!!
    I wonder if they've fixed the browser memory leaks. That was a little aggravating. We shall see.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    are you installing from a wifi network or the sprint network? I found 1.0.2 wouldn't go for me over the air. Of course that was launch day and Thousands of people were trying to download the update at the same time.
    I did mine OTA.
    Rebooting now after the install. Thanks everyone. Funny enough, I had JUST checked Updater not even an hour before this! Go figure.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Got mine all installed, thanks for the heads up everyone!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    breaking news!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    This site's "news" page is always a day late and a buck short compared to Engadget...literally. I usually see it on here 24 hours later.

Kudos to Palm for the update today.
    I'm writing the report...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    The call history moves a lot smoother after this update. It lagged a lot when scrolling before this update.. but maybe thats just mine.
    hmm, mine still lags quite a bit.

also, I still have 0-1 bars where I am. Honestly, this update doesn't seem all that impressive. hopefully the battery life will be better, but I doubt it, since it will now sync every 15 minutes..
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkoCommie View Post
    Oh man, you BROKE it already? Nice. Strong work.

I don't know what to do. I just checked my clock and its actually been 27 minutes now since I started.

Should I just pull out my battery and restart it??

Its just sitting at the "Palm" screen right now doing nothing.
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast