Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    The only difference is that the Centro had the option of the ring fading in (progressively getting louder as the phone continued to ring) and the Pre is full volume start to finish.

Audacity let's you very easily add fading in or out to audio clips
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    can anyone verify if the backup utility was updated in 1.0.3 I am wondering if they added contact linking and backup of data on some apps.
    One small thing I noticed. Is there is no really loud dial tone when you dial, ahhhhh much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    I will agree, Audacity is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    We have a perfectly good SSL cert loaded with the proper FQDN. It still doesn't work. I think it's related to SP1 not being installed on exchange.

Palm still needs to work on this.
    Not exactly sure what this post has to do with my post regarding questionable security practices but OK.

You say 'I think it's related to SP1 not being installed on exchange'. What the heck should Palm do in order to 'work on this' for you???

It's pretty clear by many of the posts regarding SSL certificates (this post included) that most people don't know a whole heck of a lot about the subject. There is a lot more that goes into configuring SSL certificates than getting the FQDN set correctly.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Not exactly sure what this post has to do with my post regarding questionable security practices but OK.

You say 'I think it's related to SP1 not being installed on exchange'. What the heck should Palm do in order to 'work on this' for you???

It's pretty clear by many of the posts regarding SSL certificates (this post included) that most people don't know a whole heck of a lot about the subject. There is a lot more that goes into configuring SSL certificates than getting the FQDN set correctly.
    Our IT dept has this set properly. The Pre is not complaining about bad settings and such. It configures fine, begins a sync and says it's done. It's just that nothing is transferred over. It is NOT an SSL problem, because it was it was, it would never get past the setup screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre1 View Post
    Is anyone expierencing worse battery life with this update? I recently traded in my pre with a bad sldier for a new one and was pleasently surprised to find that it's battery life was much better than the old. Unfotunately after this update my battery life seems to be much worse. I have disconnected IM and changed my email from push to 5 min to no avail. What gives? I'd rather go back to 1.0.2!! 30% loss after 20 min of use ridiculous!!
    I believe push is much better for battery life than pulling every 5 minutes. 30% loss after 20 minutes is crazy. Then again, pulling e-mail every 5 minutes is bound to burn a lot of battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Our IT dept has this set properly. The Pre is not complaining about bad settings and such. It configures fine, begins a sync and says it's done. It's just that nothing is transferred over. It is NOT an SSL problem, because it was it was, it would never get past the setup screen.
    OK, so that makes more sense. What exactly does Palm need to do here?
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    whats wrong with the email notifications?
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    OK, so that makes more sense. What exactly does Palm need to do here?
    I don't know. The have a bug in their exchange implementation, and they need to fix it. The BB and the iPhone as well as the WM and Treo phones all work with this server, so the Pre should too.

IT refuses to even try it without SSL enabled, not that I think SSL is part of the problem.

But given that the Treo code base talks to exchange just fine, one would think they have some expertise in the company in making EAS work.
    mikesm, perhaps make sure you have all mail as sync'd not just unread or last few days?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Anyone notice you can't snooze the alarm via the volume buttons anymore? 1.0.2, if I hit volume up, it would snooze.

Now, I have to unlock my phone, somehow enter in my unlock pin half asleep w/o dialing 911 (I already nearly dial it enough as it is.. stupid emergency call button), and then snooze or dismiss the alarm. very frustrating
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    thanks for the update
    Just updated my rooted pre. I had installed dropbear and can still SSH in, and still access root. I also had the multiple launcher page hack implemented and all my added pages, and the ability to add and delete pages is still intact.

I did get a couple weird screens when it rebooted itself. One picture of a question mark and what looked like a power cord, and the other of a battery. My battery was at 75% when i installed, and remained there after the install completed. After those screens came up I actually had to push the power button to turn the phone back on as it didn't power itself back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    mikesm, perhaps make sure you have all mail as sync'd not just unread or last few days?
    A friend just told me about trying that yesterday. It helped get email working. Contacts looks like it's working, but calendar isn't syncing at all still.

Like I said, there are some EAS bugs they still need to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean the actual clip would be faded, I meant the Centro had a feature where you checked a box and all rings would start soft and gradually get louder via the phone's volume - good for when you are someplace that a sudden loud ring would not be a good idea, so you can mute the ring before it disturbs ppl.

My prosumer audio editing program does, of course, do fade-in/fade-out amoung other things. I just never had to add a fade to the file I use as a ringer because the phone did that for me whenever I wanted it to and to any ringer. I'm getting used to the full-volume ring now and might keep it like that, but am not certain yet.
    Battery life seems to have gotten better with this update
    downloding....
    Quote Originally Posted by kame0604 View Post
    downloding....
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    ????????