Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Something which I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the 1.03 update also fixed my BT pairing. Before when I tried to listen to music on my Sony HBH-DS980 BT headset it was choppy. This morning I tried it out and everything was clear and crisp. So check your BT headsets if you had problems in the past... Now we need OBEX support
    Update looks like I am now back to square one.... For some weird reason music and Sprint TV played fine this morning but now it choppy again.

Sorry for misinforming everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Update looks like I am now back to square one.... For some weird reason music and Sprint TV played fine this morning but now it choppy again.

Sorry for misinforming everyone
    I'm pretty sure the Pre has a memory leak somewhere and the reason it worked better after the update is that the update most likely cleared out the memory and cache etc.

Mine worked better after the update too, but now its just about the same.
    My pre says it's unable to connect... please try again... why is this? it's been like this since like... day 4... Should i just wait until i get my replacement on monday?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    I Still cant connect, daughters phone and friends connected in 5 seconds and updated WTH is wrong here???
    Ok well seems a full erase (hard reset) fixed the problem, in case anyone else is having difficulties!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    whats wrong with the email notifications?
    Nothing except not working and being overly annoying. When you have the "Show Notifcation" set to off, it still shows the notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Nothing except not working and being overly annoying. When you have the "Show Notifcation" set to off, it still shows the notifications.
    Isn't this show notifications option for setting up showing of notifications during screen lock? Mine hides the notification (but I hear a notify tone) when the screen is locked. If I turn this option off, it does show the notification when the screen is locked. Working for my Pre...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    My pre says it's unable to connect... please try again... why is this? it's been like this since like... day 4... Should i just wait until i get my replacement on monday?

Make sure you can log into your Palm profile - Backup>Preferences> enter password. If you can't log in you might have to go find that confirmation email sent to you when you first set-up your Palm profile on your phone two weeks ago. You might need to log onto your Palm profile - find the Pre support section on Palms website and click on "Manage My Device".

Also, trying doing a partial erase - Device Info>Reset Options>Partial Erase

I hadn't been able to get updates either and had some other problems (Gmail wouldn't sync) and performing these two actions resolved my issues. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartadog View Post
    Make sure you can log into your Palm profile - Backup>Preferences> enter password. If you can't log in you might have to go find that confirmation email sent to you when you first set-up your Palm profile on your phone two weeks ago. You might need to log onto your Palm profile - find the Pre support section on Palms website and click on "Manage My Device".

I hadn't been able to get updates either and had some other problems (Gmail wouldn't sync) and performing these two actions resolved my issues. Good luck.
    Doing the partial erase made it work! thanks, I've been trying to get update to work and couldnt figure out why it didnt.

To verify you have the same problem: go to Backup, Preferences, Palm Profile, Profile Settings the Pre says that my Palm Profile has not been verified. Then after I did the partial erase, it fixed that and I'm able to do the update.
    IM SO FREAKING (!!!) HAPPY EAS (W/OUT SSL) WORKS! That is all
    Quote Originally Posted by spartadog View Post
    well it says my profile has not yet been verified but i did that already... what will the erase, erase? i think i just might wait until tomorrow and get an already updated one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Yes, I have the same problem since the update. Couldn't update AccuWeather, so I deleted a bunch of apps and files, resync'ed with iTunes to delete some music... now I have 2.9 GB free, still get the error message. Deleted AccuWeather itself, and now I can't reinstall it. Seems like a bug!

And my Pre isn't rooted, so that's not the problem.
    Same problem here too.....can someone tar up the 1.0.2 version of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps and send to me so I can compare to the old version??
    very cool thanks
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    IM SO FREAKING (!!!) HAPPY EAS (W/OUT SSL) WORKS! That is all
    So are the people who would like to have unfettered access to your data. I'm glad users are able to get their emails remotely but I still can't believe there are companies out there with such poor security practices.

OpenSSL: The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS .....it's free and secure.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Is anyone expierencing worse battery life with this update? I recently traded in my pre with a bad sldier for a new one and was pleasently surprised to find that it's battery life was much better than the old. Unfotunately after this update my battery life seems to be much worse. I have disconnected IM and changed my email from push to 5 min to no avail. What gives? I'd rather go back to 1.0.2!! 30% loss after 20 min of use ridiculous!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertmendoza View Post
    Probably the ones on the left and right of the subject line bar.
    Yes. Those arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour View Post
    The Fandango app showed that an update was available in the app catalog. However at least on my Pre the update app never indicated any updates for 3rd party apps prior to the release of 1.0.3.
    Mine has. I have downloaded several App updates through the update program.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I created a weekday alarm post update 1.0.3 and it still did not go off this morning.

I use this as my wakeup device so the alarm not working is more than just a nuisance for me. I don't think it's asking a lot for the alarm to go off when it's set (my crappy blackjack 1 did this without fail, every time)

The sound volume for the alarm should also be a setting in the clocks app (not dependent on the side volume keys). The alarm time should allow any time, not just increments of 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    So are the people who would like to have unfettered access to your data. I'm glad users are able to get their emails remotely but I still can't believe there are companies out there with such poor security practices.

OpenSSL: The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS .....it's free and secure.
    We have a perfectly good SSL cert loaded with the proper FQDN. It still doesn't work. I think it's related to SP1 not being installed on exchange.

Palm still needs to work on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Just uploaded a pic. Worked fine.
    I have too. But, I wish we could write some notes about the photo we update! I'm a little disappointed in the FACEBOOK integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Yes, I have the same problem since the update. Couldn't update AccuWeather, so I deleted a bunch of apps and files, resync'ed with iTunes to delete some music... now I have 2.9 GB free, still get the error message. Deleted AccuWeather itself, and now I can't reinstall it. Seems like a bug!

And my Pre isn't rooted, so that's not the problem.
    So I posted this on Palm's forums and got the response back that a full erase fixes the problem. I unfortunately had already tried that but I couldn't get a Full Erase to work. After bricking my Pre while talking with the Sprint Rep, I tried WebOS Dr. It reset the device to a factory default 1.0.2 image. I was successfully able to update to 1.0.3 and then update my apps as well. I recommend that you backup anything you copied to the USB drive first (Music, Ringtones, etc) and be aware that Palm's backup program won't bring back anything you've bookmarked.