Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
    is anyone unable to connect to updates?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsilo1 View Post
    Still trying since last night (I lost count at this point) and get " unable to connect. try again later". Tried resetting, wifi, evdo... nothing, wtf!
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Why did they bother releasing such a disappointing update?
    Two possibilities:
    1. It fixed some things that needed fixing
    2. It gave trolls something to ask stupid questions about

Pick one. Or two.
  4. st
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    my pre seems to be bringing applications up faster, actually seems quite fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrex View Post
    Still trying since last night (I lost count at this point) and get " unable to connect. try again later". Tried resetting, wifi, evdo... nothing, wtf!
    same here
    Seems my screen rotates when the phone is held at a slight incline from horizontal, like 45 degrees. Before, i often needed tohold the phone upright and wait for the page to fully load before it would rotate the screen. Any body else notice this?
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsilo1 View Post
    Yes. I thought I was the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Seems my screen rotates when the phone is held at a slight incline from horizontal, like 45 degrees. Before, i often needed tohold the phone upright and wait for the page to fully load before it would rotate the screen. Any body else notice this?
    Yup, noticed it. It was one of my minor irritations previously. It also used to lock up slightly once in a while even if I had it at 45 degrees. I'd have to shake it or rotate it back to portrait, then back to landscape to make it switch.

Overall, it seems more responsive, I was just rotating it all around right now with the phone tilted at various angles. Much more sensitive than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Something which I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the 1.03 update also fixed my BT pairing. Before when I tried to listen to music on my Sony HBH-DS980 BT headset it was choppy. This morning I tried it out and everything was clear and crisp. So check your BT headsets if you had problems in the past... Now we need OBEX support
    Thats great news!y SE HBH-DS980 were giving me trouble too. I will try this ASAP! Thanks for the update!
    Quote Originally Posted by TastyHiHatWork View Post
    Here's hoping Facebook syncs properly...
    how about just a friggen facebook app
    Quote Originally Posted by st View Post
    my pre seems to be bringing applications up faster, actually seems quite fast.
    Ah the Hawthorne effect rears its ugly head once again...
    Quote Originally Posted by sumanb View Post
    Anyone else see this? I've updated to 1.0.3. Since then, I saw 2 updates, one for Fandango and one for Speed Brain. I tried to update them and I got the error message "Sorry, Not Enough Memory
    Please delete an application you have installed to make room."
    I figured no problem, there were 2 updates available for SpeedBrain, I saw the same thing earlier for mCraig, so I deleted Fandango, SpeedBrain and mCraig, figuring I'd just reinstall the apps. Same error message. I've got 5.7 GB free according to Device Info. The Pre is rooted and my other apps seem to work (except Classic).
    Yes, I have the same problem since the update. Couldn't update AccuWeather, so I deleted a bunch of apps and files, resync'ed with iTunes to delete some music... now I have 2.9 GB free, still get the error message. Deleted AccuWeather itself, and now I can't reinstall it. Seems like a bug!

And my Pre isn't rooted, so that's not the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by YafaKlan View Post
    So they dont have as many flaws out there when the iphone 3gs comes out.

But Palm's still a daay late and a dollar short. Basic like forwarding txts and changing the alert sound unfortunately havent been addressed. That sucks.
    Yeah, what were they thinking?? Those are HUGE issues!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    Did someone say something about a day late, etc, in comparison to the iphone?? The 3Gs STILL can't send a picture to another cell phone!!! Maybe at the end of the summer.. They have an APP FOR THAT now, and it takes about 3 minutes after you receive the picture to open it up... 2 years and three devices later, the iphone is a hair ahead in a few things than the Pre, and the Pre has been out for 2 weeks..
    Oh, and try updating your iphone on the road...

I could just go on and on....
    I heard the hell out of that. I gave Apple two years to fix the issues with the iPhone, and they're still not all addressed. Ever try going to a website with an iPhone, then turning off the display? When you go back to it, it has to reload- the Pre doesn't, and that's a wonderful feature.

How 'bout when you open a couple tabs on the iPhone, and then go back to a different tab? Not only will it have to reload (as above), but your back button is no longer there so there's no way to navigate backwards. Good fun!

Like you (and Journey), I could go on, and on, and on, and on...
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    How 'bout when you open a couple tabs on the iPhone, and then go back to a different tab? Not only will it have to reload (as above), but your back button is no longer there so there's no way to navigate backwards. Good fun!
    I think they actually did fix that one with iPhone OS 3.0. I just tried with 3 pages on my iPod touch and all of them were able to keep the histories and the back button was available. Of course the reloading is an annoying hassle.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yes, that does seem to have been fixed.

On the negative side 3.0 jailbreakers have to wait for backgrounder to be updated. Good thing I held out before updating. Really want spotlight but multitasking is more important to me.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I Still cant connect, daughters phone and friends connected in 5 seconds and updated WTH is wrong here???
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I heard the hell out of that. I gave Apple two years to fix the issues with the iPhone, and they're still not all addressed. Ever try going to a website with an iPhone, then turning off the display? When you go back to it, it has to reload- the Pre doesn't, and that's a wonderful feature.

Like you (and Journey), I could go on, and on, and on, and on...
    Just so you know the 3GS no longer has this problem. This was due to the low amount of ram in the phone, the new 3gs doubled ram so the browsers don't need to reload anymore.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I think the scrolling has only been optimized on contacts and sms. I dont see any changes in email or call logs. Perhaps they are not using the same jsjsjs $methods$? $Itd$ $be$ $nice$ $if$ $they$ $could$ $use$ $hardware$ $acceleration$ $with$ $the$ $scrolling$? $Im$ $assuming$ $its$ $all$ $pure$ $JS$ $now$.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    EAS is not fixed!
    Mine works great! (No SSL)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.