Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Perhaps the Sprint 1.5 is the updated PRL?....You know you can update that too..OTA!!
    Also can update the network settings. Palm is doing their end ...some users need to do theirs too!!

IGO

Nope same PRL on mine as before, 60652.
    Thats the same PRL since launch day for me but I have definitely noticed a reception improvement in the past week and todays update didnt change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I've done several tests with mine and a coworkers. There was virtually no difference in speed. We also tested RSSI signal strength and everything we could think of. No difference in speed or signal strength. His (updated) booted 20 seconds faster than mine but I've done some root mods. After I updated, my boot time was the same.

The whole 'performance is better' hysteria is about as ridiculous as people who think there are actually supernatural forces.
    thanks for this, I guess this can be a scientific proof.

Have you tested camera apps on both?

The camera app def seems faster to me
    Here's hoping Facebook syncs properly...
    Thanks a lot for the heads up. I was really hoping it was going to be today. I hope they fixed the reception issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Thanks a lot for the heads up. I was really hoping it was going to be today. I hope they fixed the reception issues.

sorry to say, but I dont think they fixed any signal issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by spartadog View Post
    Same problem here. I can't wait to have my Gmail working again.
    Had the same problem connecting. After a reboot it connected instantly. Installing now.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Anyone else use classic. It does not work with this update ( Atleast for me) get a blue screen saying there is a problem.
    I am having same problem (blue screen) with Classic after updating.
    Classic I'm sure will be updated soon to work with the new update.. I am sure they are working on it..
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I sure hope they update Classic soon to work with 1.0.3. I have paid Classic with ePocrates which was working well until today. Thank goodness I won't need ePocrates until Monday at the earliest.
    Anyone have an issue with there bar read out? Like reception wise I am looking at 5 gray bars but no white bars are fluctuating after update I don't see the service bars what so ever now
  11. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Anyone have an issue with there bar read out? Like reception wise I am looking at 5 gray bars but no white bars are fluctuating after update I don't see the service bars what so ever now
    Same happened to me. Turn airplane mode on for a few seconds and then back off. That should fix.
    Actually had to power down 2x before it came back, weird ....
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I really don't want to read 18 pages of info, i don't know is this has been said, but everyone must admit now that sprint/palm is taking this phone seriously with an update being made within 2 weeks of the phone being released.

Good job
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    All this excitement because of this update!!! i wish i could join...Have to wait till August to get my Pre....sigh...
    yeah, but by then it will be perfect.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    My results.

Things are a little quicker and touches feel slightly more responsive.

Doesnt look like my battery issues are improved, nor my signal issues.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    My results.

Things are a little quicker and touches feel slightly more responsive.

Doesnt look like my battery issues are improved, nor my signal issues.
    This is my experience.
    Yup - that's the difference. I changed the setting for where it looks, so I could put it in the USB-drive space. Makes sense that the code would change back with the update.

Rob
    Wow just read all 19 pages, I feel so proud... I think it is faster opening apps, especially the music app. That took forever to load.
    This is a weak arse update. They need to communicate when they will have a fix for the battery reception problems. This didn't do it. I get that this is planed for disruption on the 3gs side, fine. What this doesn't, is give people who are counting down the days to a return case of major issues.

I want this to work but if these issues aren't addressed properly. It's bye bye PRE hello 3G S. To Be Honest that's the last thing I want to do. Saying that if I can't get good steady signal I'll drop the PRE faster then a hot lava rock in Hawaii.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Since 1.0.3 none of my apps work. I think I bricked my iphone...