Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Still haven't run the update, and the keyboard does work in landscape for web, chat, and mail with 1.0.2.
    Huh, ok.

But what do you mean it works in landscape for mail? Mail doesn't rotate to landscape. Its actually something that kind of annoys me, sometimes I'd like to see some emails in landscape.
    So does anyone have two Pre's to compare the Speed before and after the update? That would prove if it is faster or not.

Jacob
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    So does anyone have two Pre's to compare the Speed before and after the update? That would prove if it is faster or not.

Jacob

You'd have to reboot the 1.0.2 one before running the test as well.
    FYI, here are the packages that my Pre downloaded and installed for the 1.0.3 update. The webkit updates might explain why people feel like it's faster. Or maybe it was just the reboot?

base-files.ipk
    bootloader.ipk
    browser-adapter.ipk
    browserserver.ipk
    com.motionapps.service.classic.ipk
    com.palm.app.camera.ipk
    com.palm.app.clock.ipk
    com.palm.app.findapps.ipk
    com.palm.app.ondevicedemo.ipk
    com.palm.app.phone.ipk
    com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation.ipk
    com.telenav.sprintnavigation.ipk
    directfb.ipk
    fileindexer.ipk
    gloox.ipk
    initscripts.ipk
    java-com.palm.backup.ipk
    java-com.palm.calendar.ipk
    java-com.palm.contacts.ipk
    java-com.palm.mail.ipk
    java-com.palm.pim.ipk
    java-com.palm.pimsync.ipk
    luna-media.ipk
    luna-sysmgr.ipk
    luna-webkit.ipk
    mediaserver.ipk
    memchute.ipk
    mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc.ipk
    palmbuildinfo.ipk
    palmcustomizationinfo.ipk
    palmvideosink-omap34xx.ipk
    pmipclib.ipk
    powerd.ipk
    pubsubservice.ipk
    sweatshop-sprint-castle.ipk
    upstart-initscripts.ipk
    Nice
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I still can't connect to the update service
    so no sms forwarding?
    they still didnt fix that stupid bug in the web browser. if you have a link on a website which is named 09.06.2009 and you tap it it will open the caller app and try to dial that number rather than opening a link
    ran AIM for an hour... (and didn't do anything else. WIFI off)

6:30 83%
    6:40 83%
    6:50 82%
    7:00 81%
    7:10 81%
    7:20 80%
    7:30 78%

this is MUCH better than it was before the update (the phone used to run super hot with AIM on)

still not something i could leave on all day though
    I haven't noticed any signal strength improvements, but the phone is DEFINITELY faster. There is no question. Maybe even too fast during scrolling and things of that nature. EXCELLENT UPDATE!!!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I have never read about this prorblem but I had this.
    My FONTS would mess up as I browsed this site and others.
    Now the fonts look and stay very nice looking!
    Best thing for me is that I can now connect to my non-SSL Exchange server at work. Excellent! I did have to connect the Calendar first. When I started with email, it connected as POP instead of EAS. Once I connected the Calendar, email and contacts followed.

Otherwise, I'm getting mixed results. Peformance seems better in some places, the same in others, and maybe even a little slower in yet some others. Too soon to tell, I think.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    scrolling though contacts is definitely more responsive. you can whip through it, then put your finger down and it will stop very quickly, A tiny bit more sluggish then the iphone, but much much better.

glad to see there releasing small updates, i would love contant and small updates. wish the change log as a bit more detailed though
    The web browser starts up much faster. Plus, the Digg mobile site no longer screws up the browser (which used to require a power cycle to fix).
    scrolling though contacts is definitely more responsive. you can whip through it, then put your finger down and it will stop very quickly, A tiny bit more sluggish then the iphone, but much much better.

glad to see there releasing small updates, i would love constant and small updates. wish the change log was a bit more detailed though
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post

Jacob
    I've done several tests with mine and a coworkers. There was virtually no difference in speed. We also tested RSSI signal strength and everything we could think of. No difference in speed or signal strength. His (updated) booted 20 seconds faster than mine but I've done some root mods. After I updated, my boot time was the same.

The whole 'performance is better' hysteria is about as ridiculous as people who think there are actually supernatural forces.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    My e-mail would never auto-receive before the update. No, I'm not one of the idiots that thinks something is working just because the update. This update really has fixed my push Gmail and I'm really glad it did
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash27 View Post
    Hotmail appears to be fixed. No longer permanently syncs for me. Battery is now holding steady after the initial sync. Hate to admit it, but I'm shocked...pleasantly of course.

I think the possibly increased speed overall may actually be an increased scroll speed of the windows coming onto the screen.
    I just started playing with this since I was hoping they'd add more Hotmail support. I know very little about mobile email so I cant be sure but it looks like my Pre set it up as a POP email account. The "As it Arrives" feature is gone from the frequency list. It was there the last time I tried to sync hotmail and it turned my Pre into a hot iron. The most often you can update mail now is every 5 minutes which is acceptable to me. 20 minutes in and it seems to be playing nice with my Pre, no scorched palms yet.
    Im not sure if this is a feature of the Palm update or if Microsoft added POP access to Hotmail recently (I could swear I read that they did). If it continues to work well it'll be a welcome feature for me.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I still can't connect to the update service
    Same problem here. I can't wait to have my Gmail working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I have the same problem. Classic is no longer working....
    same here my classic wont work and im not in a trial
    what do i do?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card