Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Ive been testing the speed I can say without a doubt that there improvements...not just wishful thinking. Before when scrolling quickly (ie in Contacts) it would stutter and lag sometimes. Now it's smooth. Before when using the browser and roatating the phone the view change was sluggish...now its quick quick!!
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
    Classic is no longer working for me.

I am getting the same message. They better patch that ASAP!
    Last edited by Paladin; 06/19/2009 at 08:03 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yep..everything is faster
    wallpapers set instantly too
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Oo-oo-oo!! Tell me We'll be able to text message news and tips in to you guys!!!
    lol. I am no psychic but I think it has something to do with twitter isnt it ? Well I already have that added to my twitter and added these emails to my contacts. But if its news and u need faster response then twitter is your best friend. Dieter if I was you I would post all contact info to main page including twitter id. You never know if a newbie got something to share they don't have to digg anywhere for contact info (watching we are now mainstream site we may get bigger audience day by day).
    To be honest I never thought that with domain .net instead of .com and brand new site for Pre coming from Treocentral will gain the mainstream status like we had in treocentral.com days. But kudos to you guys and folks here who made it most buzzing site when Pre is mentioned around tech world.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Sorry if this is completely redundant, but I quit reading the thread about 6 pages in.

I just updated to 1.0.3, and classic is broken for me as well. I'm still on the trial version, if that makes any difference (2 days remaining).

It did *not* change my replacement notification sound (wife saying "ping" rather than the metallic clank-clunk from before).

Rob
    This update is great. I left my phone in the kitchen for 5 minutes, and when I came back the dishes were done. And my dog stopped crapping in the house. Thanks Palm!
    I was able to do that before as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by absoludacris View Post
    This update is great. I left my phone in the kitchen for 5 minutes, and when I came back the dishes were done. And my dog stopped crapping in the house. Thanks Palm!
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by knauerhase View Post
    It did *not* change my replacement notification sound (wife saying "ping" rather than the metallic clank-clunk from before).

Rob
    I had replaced the original notification sound file with a new one, and the update reverted that. Did you replace the original sound file, or did you change the setting for where it looks for the notification sound? If you changed the setting, then that would explain the difference between what you and I saw.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    ...And my dog stopped crapping in the house. Thanks Palm!
    My dog stopped that a long time ago. Now he digs holes in the yard looking for something.
  11. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wholly hell cam is deff faster
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    Zooming in and out is veerrrrryyyyy smooth now. Scrolling is faster. Not sure if this is new but I coukdve sworn it didn't work previously.... But my keyboard now works when I'm in landscape view.

On a bad note: the changes made to my background of the dialer were lost. All other tweaks/mods seem to be intact.
    You know, I also thought that the keyboard wouldn't work while in landscape view before this update? Are we just remembering incorrectly?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    wholly hell cam is deff faster
    mos def.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Classic still works for me, mostly...
    I mainly use it for Epocrates. Loaded up fine. Program ran fine, auto-updated over the internet fine, then crashed Classic after updating.
    Restarted Classic and everything's ok again.

So, it may crash now and then, but it generally works well....

My 2 cents
    I got 18 cards open and finally got message "cant open new cards". In past nothing over 7 cards. I have messaging, amazon music store, email inbox, calendar, dialpad, youtube, videos (paused transformer movie), tasks, gmail, sprint navigation, Tweed, Precentral mobile site, engadet (dimmed), another session of tweed, clock, Express Stocks, music library (listening Eminem), Fandango, Accuweather and app catalog. But I will not count dialpad and multiple browser cards separate card. But I am impressed with new update.
    Oh and I refresh phone daily in the morning so its not that after reset I am getting all this memory back, its after the update. And I closed all and tried again to surpass magic number 18 and got 16 :-(
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Took about 15 mins to download and install the update... Not seeing any major improvements so far that's visible from the previous version.

I have added back Hotmail after the update... wanted to see how the battery life holds up. Does anyone know if Palm fixed the Exchange Sync for sub-folders under Inbox? It doesn't look like it but hopefully it's coming soon.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    You know, I also thought that the keyboard wouldn't work while in landscape view before this update? Are we just remembering incorrectly?
    Still haven't run the update, and the keyboard does work in landscape for web, chat, and mail with 1.0.2.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Does anyone notice that the screen is actually adjusting to changes in ambient light now?
    Really...??? Geez I've gotta try this out for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    I been using the keyboard in landscape view all along.