Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Hotmail appears to be fixed. No longer permanently syncs for me. Battery is now holding steady after the initial sync. Hate to admit it, but I'm shocked...pleasantly of course.

I think the possibly increased speed overall may actually be an increased scroll speed of the windows coming onto the screen.
    Wow.. I think they added a compass app to compete with the iPhone LOL
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    FREE airwave? why was it free?!
    I called to complain about dropped calls in my house and asked to cancel my plan and voila they offered a free airwave with two year fees waived.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It is defiantly faster loading apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Update schedule appears to be 2 weeks folks. 1.0.2 happened pre-launch on June 5th. This bodes well if they can keep it up.

I'm sure we'll be underwhelmed by this update, but it means that most of us had operational phones and that some of our bigger issues are new apps, not bug fixes and easy stuff that was probably underway pre-launch.

The Non-SSL Exchange will be huge for some. We should work to help those with Self-Signed Certs get this fixed. These folks may be orphans otherwise given WM7 is presenting problems for this group as well.

Glad for the camera fixes even though I won't use them.

I hope signal strength stabilizes. That's my hope with this one.
    I was thinking the same thing. Every two weeks.

Though this update doesn't seem to have any changes or additions of features, I would think that Palm would want to adress at least the major bugs before adding new features. New features just increases the complexity of software and more places where additional bugs can appear. So the reasoning would be to get the current bugs under control before moving the OS forward.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Wonder if they fixed battery drain issue when logged in to google chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Guys. Gals. Everybody. For the love of all that is holy, we have a tipline for news like this:

http://www.precentral.net/contact

Thank you tons to the users who hit us up, but I would love dearly to be hit up sooner!
    Dieter,
    It would be much better to assign an email address like tips@precentral.net and give that out. Much easier to email then to open up browser and hit link. Just my thought. Oh and any news on those guys who own precentral.com domain ??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Narfler View Post
    Looks like I now have to reboot the pre after accessing it with ssh before it will properly connect to EVDO.

Usually I just have to put it in airplane mode for a few seconds, then turn airplane mode off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    woow everything is much faster!!

Flicking thru the music lists was slightly laggy before, now its smooth like buttah!!
    I thought that the Photos app loaded faster and, maybe it's just me, but I think that the pics may render just a tad quicker than before.
    Zooming in and out is veerrrrryyyyy smooth now. Scrolling is faster. Not sure if this is new but I coukdve sworn it didn't work previously.... But my keyboard now works when I'm in landscape view.

On a bad note: the changes made to my background of the dialer were lost. All other tweaks/mods seem to be intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by nukular View Post
    What in the hell did this sentence say?? I've downloaded the certificate from firefox I used to login to our exchange webpage.....is that what you are talking about? It didn't work.

If you are talking about the root certificate on the server...well lets just say my IT guy isn't that knowledgeable (no offense to him...we aren't a big company who can afford a real it person so he just does it as part of his responsibilities) so yeah...I would like a fix on this. If I can do it using a web browser, I should be able to do it with an email program on a phone...its not complicated...probably simpler than what they did fix in email....
    Don't yell at me because your IT guy isn't knowledgeable! Just show him my post and hopefully he'll figure it out.
    Don't know if it was already stated but I can finally delete random emails from my contacts.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Google Calendar entries (from my Pre) that failed to Sync all week long, finally appeared on the Web Version of G Calendar, this after only a couple of minutes of the update.

Noticed the scrolling on the main Contacts is faster and does not get Stuck like before...yesterday I was Playing around with a friends iPod Touch, and thought to myself, why can't my Pre scroll like this.

At least with me they hit a Bullseye with this one...

The Contact List from the Phone App still get stuck, and it is slow. (in the Next Update, please!!!)
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I now have a dedicated menu key!
    You can - go into contacts and select an entry and then click edit and then "add ringtone"
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Okay, besides all of the *seems snappier* comments, can anyone find things that are actually*changed* or *improved*?
    nope....nothing
    sprint tv is louder for me, and signal bars do not fluctuate much now

removed my airave, seems fine without it

(only getting 1-2 bars still. same as when on my 755P)

overall, good update, lets see if this fixes my singla problem for good
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Call me crazy but i notice a great improvement with loading of apps and scrolling. I noticed a large delay of loading even my contact and scrolling the first 10 seconds or so. No, its MUCH faster. The touch sensitivity seems much better too.

Wow, great improvements. I'm glad the updates are small and quick. nice job palm.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    no lag scrolling through contacts or text messages anymore.

still can only set the alarm in 5 minute increments...doesn't do a lot of good when you're trying to make a pizza =/
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Don't yell at me because your IT guy isn't knowledgeable! Just show him my post and hopefully he'll figure it out.
    I don't think I yelled....but it was an awfully complicated sentence... But nonetheless...for email that I can get through using the browser...I don't understand why the email application on my phone can't... It makes no sense...and seems to probably be the simplest thing palm could fix.

Firefox can read my email just fine...why can't the pre's email?

Even more so than non-ssl email...I should think.