Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    lol, you guys forgot to say

"It feels snappier"

ROTFL!
    It's tacky to "ROTFL" your own lame joke.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Okay, besides all of the *seems snappier* comments, can anyone find things that are actually*changed* or *improved*?
    Lists of fixes

New applications

No new applications in update 1.0.3

Feature changes to existing applications

Calendar
    Events created in your Google calendar—either in Calendar on your phone or in Google online—that contain a symbol or accented character in the event name can now synchronize. Previously, including a symbol or accented character in an event name prevented the event from synchronizing.
    Changes made to Google events on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
    The sync interval for Google events has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
    Clock
    If you create a weekday alarm on a weekend, the alarm sounds only on weekdays. Previously the alarm would sound on the weekend also.
    Contacts
    Changes made to Google contacts on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
    The sync interval for Google contacts has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
    Email
    Power performance in areas where wireless coverage is sporadic or unavailable has been enhanced.
    Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) mail servers are now supported.
    Other
    Miscellaneous updates for Email, Phone, and other applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    I was doing group messaging before this update.

Total time to do DL + install update was under 5 mins.
    I'm glad your DL and install were quick, and that you could already do group messaging, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't know how to do group messaging. Could someone contact me off line if needed and let me know how?

Thanks
    Restarted phone and now my "swoosh" sound is back to what it was when I first got the phone.
    DUR! It was the switch on top. I usually have it off. Good to know. Would like to have a separate control for it though.

Ah well. I'm glad to have an update even if it doesn't seem to do much at all for me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I'm glad your DL and install were quick, and that you could already do group messaging, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't know how to do group messaging. Could someone contact me off line if needed and let me know how?

Thanks
    Start a new message, start typing the name/number of the person you want to text, select their number, cursor should still be in the "To:" box, starting typing the name/number of the next person you want to text, select their number.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Prepare to be underwhelmed
    dude its 1.02 to 1.03 why would you expect big differences??

big changes will come with 1.1
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    mine just woke me up from my afternoon nap! I was so excited and popped up to install
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post

Thanks
    It's simple. Go to messaging, then click the new message icon on the bottom left of screen. you'll see "To: Enter name or number". just type in your contacts and pick the right number, rinse & repeat.
    Eh, I was hoping it would allow the screen to be turned off when charging on the Touchstone. Oh well I am sure the other improvements are good.
    Rooted Pre, installed without any issues.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    It's tacky to "ROTFL" your own lame joke.
    Why? Do you always deadpan your lame jokes?

I think it's tacky call someone's post/joke lame. Just move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFGABEL View Post
    My swoosh sound went away again too
    It's a know bug. System sound volume changes don't take effect until after you reboot.

Has anyone beside me noticed that the touchscreen no longer misses / ignores some taps?
    FREE airwave? why was it free?!
    Classic is dead for me too. Anyone try a hard-reset in Classic yet?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I've never had any trouble with self-signed certs. What you do is install the CA cert of the same CA you used to sign your Exchange server's cert. The trick is the the Exchange server's cert isn't self-signed, but the CA cert of the CA that signed it is.
    What in the hell did this sentence say?? I've downloaded the certificate from firefox I used to login to our exchange webpage.....is that what you are talking about? It didn't work.

If you are talking about the root certificate on the server...well lets just say my IT guy isn't that knowledgeable (no offense to him...we aren't a big company who can afford a real it person so he just does it as part of his responsibilities) so yeah...I would like a fix on this. If I can do it using a web browser, I should be able to do it with an email program on a phone...its not complicated...probably simpler than what they did fix in email....
    Downloaded the update. Didn't have classic on the phone so to be honest I can't tell a difference at all.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I wonder is the decreased interval between Google Synergy sync is going to have an adverse affect on battery life.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Scrolling so SO much better. They even implemented a incremental loader in the Contacts app!
    I *REALLY* wish they elaborated on:

Miscellaneous updates for Email, Phone, and other applications.

I hate that kind of vague stuff. I have been reading that there was some bug in AIM that caused it to drain battery power faster than usual, and have avoided using it. I would like to leave it online all the time (like the sidekick) without a massive power drain.

Hopefully some more detail will come out about those "miscellaneous" updates.