1.    #1  
    Last edited by dkotoric; 06/19/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Wow, the headline implies that this is not sooner than was expected. This is good news, not bad news.
  3.    #3  
    not really as allot of poeple here were hoping by end of this month.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    dkotoric beat me to it, i watch engadget all day,
    ha
    This is a real disappoinment...now when is the next os update? I am losing faith already.
    Last edited by Wendellp; 06/19/2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    They told us this, they need to say something about the update cause I'f I don't get my email working the way i want, I'm gone before the 30 days is up and I really want to keep the phone but ...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Yea, I was going to post but I don't have 10 posts yet.

So we have another wait ahead of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    This is a real disappoinment...now when is the next os update? I am losing faith already. Palm just doesn't seem all that organized to handle this type of competition
    Palm has been telling us all along the SDK will be released some months after the phone. This is not news, this is affirmation that Palm is still on target. This is like being disappointed that the Pre was released June when Palm kept consistently saying "1st half of the year."
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Palm has been telling us all along the SDK will be released some months after the phone. This is not news, this is affirmation that Palm is still on target. This is like being disappointed that the Pre was released June when Palm kept consistently saying "1st half of the year."
    It's still a disappointment, it will just allow iphone to keep on running.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    It's only disappointing if you had baseless expectations...

An SDK just a couple of months after launch is pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the SDK could be released this afternoon and the iPhone would keep on running.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12.    #12  
    well honestly I could care less what the iphone does I just want some damn apps in the store, there is nothing for a week now. wtf
    This whole "the iphone has this and the iphone can do that" crap is getting real old. No matter what the thread topic is, the iphone always seems to make its way in there. I really just want to read about the pre and what goning on with it but, this whole site is turning into the iphone home.
    The problem as usual is people with unrealistic expectations. We knew all of this already if you expected hindreds of apps and the SDK within a month of launch that is your own doing. End of summer is just fine as I'm sure most of the palm team is fixing the base OS which is far more important.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    And when did Apple finally release an iPhone SDK after its release?? Oh right, it was freakin damn near a year later, after trying to push those "cool" web apps down everyone's throat.

This is actually very good news. Esp the part where they're opening up the current SDK to thousands of more developers.
    I really do try not to hate on the iPhone because, although it's not for me it's a nice device, but it's this kind of crap that drives me nuts. It's like everybody looks at the iPhone through this foggy set of glasses where they can't see the imperfections, and yet any other device gets picked to pieces. And the beta test that iPhone has gone through over the last three years is just forgotten.

Frankly, I could give a crap if we don't get 40,000 apps by next month. My phone is doing terrific things for me out the box as it is. I bought it to perform certain tasks and it's doing them. Anything else is just gravy.

Not to mention that until they get their crap together I'm using some great apps from the catalog free of charge...
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I really do try not to hate on the iPhone because, although it's not for me it's a nice device, but it's this kind of crap that drives me nuts. It's like everybody looks at the iPhone through this foggy set of glasses where they can't see the imperfections, and yet any other device gets picked to pieces. And the beta test that iPhone has gone through over the last three years is just forgotten.

Frankly, I could give a crap if we don't get 40,000 apps by next month. My phone is doing terrific things for me out the box as it is. I bought it to perform certain tasks and it's doing them. Anything else is just gravy.

Not to mention that until they get their crap together I'm using some great apps from the catalog free of charge...
    Agreed.... the iphone has its own set of massive issues for me and I am more than happy to have the pre and wait a few months for apps. and when they they finally do start coming I can be confident in the fact that most of them will work best on the pre (because of its open sdk)
    Well....go ahead....return your PRE. It will be reconditioned and resold or used as a replacement. By that time, someone else will be happy to have it because all the major fixes will have been done and the ap store in full swing. This is a new platform on new hardware and I'm sure Palm is hard at work. My Pre works great...no squeeks...no runs....no errors. Well protected and carefully handled. Palm has always said that PRE is not chasing the Iphone or the Blackberry....it's for everybody else. SO.......if you "want it now" , go Iphone and pay more, go blackberry and pay more for less. let the rest of us enjoying the new found growth of the PRE.

Respectfully submitted!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    btw, the masses wont get the sdk until the end of the summer, but they are giving it to more developers. palm said from hundreds to thousands.

also like they said, they are 1/20th the size of other companies. size does matter.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.