Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I've had a chat log going for a day with my bestfriend. I deleted the entire chat log and had been texting some other friends and I also deleted there logs. My friend texted me and it was no problem, normal new sms chat came up. Everything was normal. Then my bestfriend texted me and oddly enough the entire chat log was still there from before, even though I had deleted it. I when back to the main Conversations window and the chat log with friend is displayed BUT the chat log with my bestfriend is not listed anywhere
    I had the same issue. you'll notice that if you search for a message within messaging, it will find it. I went through like 7 tech levels to solve the problem. Finally I just decided to do a hard reset (also know as Partial Erase). Palm Profile quickly brought all my apps and info back after the reset. If you want to try it, go to Device Info, click on Reset Options in the bottom, and choose Partial Erase. Let me know if you try it.
    Hmm...thats not good for sensitive convos...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Hmm...thats not good for sensitive convos...
    no it's not, nor is what abiezerf suggested a solution. If I delete something, it should stay deleted.
    Well yeah still a few bugs in the Pre, but somethign that I'm sure they'll fix with an OTA update. Don't know why it happens tho, I can usually erase emails and texts and have no problem, just happened with one person for me.
    I havent had that problem anymore anyways, now I can delete messages without any issue at all.
    of if some chick picks up your pre and starts digging around while your in shower....
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    I havent had that problem anymore anyways, now I can delete messages without any issue at all.
    that's good. I've never experienced it with the messages I have erased.
    I would just be afraid with a partial erase, who knows what could go wrong and not come back.
    that's good. I've never experienced it with the messages I have erased.
    I would just be afraid with a partial erase, who knows what could go wrong and not come back.
    Yeah true, but I had no problem with the partial erase, dont see why you would. I think maybe this isnt a big issue though since its only happened to two of us. I'm sure its a small fix.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    of if some chick picks up your pre and starts digging around while your in shower....
    thats why the Palm gods invented the screen num/password lock and or the removable battery. Its all a question of your need for security and the inteligence of the girl you leave your Pre in front of. Does she know your password is your dogs name? Better take that battery with you.

Me I don't have anything to hide
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Better take that battery with you.
    And better hope she doesn't have a Centro-- you and your Pre will both be busted
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I had to do a partial reset to fix the prob