Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I saw 2 articles today stating that the Pre will not save Palm nor Sprint because most of the buyers are current Sprint customers. If you switched to Sprint, please reply. Im just curious if there is a good amount of carrier switchover.
    Can you link us to one of those articles?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I switched from Verizon. I absolutely love this phone, but there is a good chance I'm going to switch back. Using VZ, I haven't dropped a single call in 3 years when talking to my wife. Since we both got the Pre, we've dropped no less than 15 calls.
    AT&T --> Sprint
    Gave up my employee discount for the Pre!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Switched from T-Mobile.
    I love the phone, service & plan pricing.
    Follow Me On

Former AT&T here, but I switch carriers fairly regularly - I've been on all four major carriers over the past 5 or 6 years.
    Switched from TMO.

My wife has a blackberry on TMO (not 3G) and pays $120 per month for unlimited data, voice and text. I was paying $50 for unlimited GPRS data 1000 minutes and some text.

Now I'm paying $55 for unlimited everything but 450 voice and couldn't be happier.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I guess business week or information week have something against PALM and SPRINT.

Screw them bastards. I have been keeping an eye on their articles since the launch.
    They have nothing but negative stories / statements.
    Seems like they didn't get inner access to PALM.

I own sprint stock, and can tell you that it will be back to 10 dollar range in two quarters.

Also these idiots forget that , money will come from existing customer upgrades too.

If all the 1 million pres were sold in a month or two, you are talking about 10- 20 millions per month extra revenue on upgrades , because some folks who bought pre has to pay more to SPRINT on monthly plan.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    to be honest , I haven't seen anyone switching from other carriers , but I know at least six of the existing folks ending up paying 30 bugs more on their whatever legacy plans.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Long-term Verizon user, just switched to get the Pre. The Sprint signals in my area are definitely not as good as Verizon's, but are adequate everywhere I've been around town except in my home. Sprint gave me an Airave to cover that problem.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    switched from AT&T
    I switched from Tmobile (was on verizon before that).

Sprint definetly has the price advantage, even over tmobile.

That being said, the reception is terrible. Absolutly horrific. I've dropped more calls in two weeks with this phone than i have over the past 5 years combined on both services.

The weird thing is that I live in Los Angeles, and thought I would have great reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    That guy is a dolt. He likes to point out that there weren't massive lines for the Pre, yet he ignores the fact that demand has outstripped supply. Palm/Sprint are selling them as fast as they possibly can. To expect more is stupid, because there ISN'T more they could hope for. What, he expects them to sell MORE than 100% of their shipped inventory? Sure, maybe Sprint wishes less existing customers took supply away from potential carrier-jumpers, but what can they do?

And Palm? Carrier-conversion has ZERO impact on Palm, because again, they are selling Pre's as fast as they can crank them out. Why should they care if they are new or old Sprint customers?

The Apple FUD machine is in full swing.

(I switched from AT&T)
    Last edited by northside; 06/19/2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Switched a Family plan from Verizon to get the Pre, even had to pay an early termination fee to do it.
    Switched from AT&T. Couldn't be happier.
    Sprint network in my area is far superior to the coverage I got with AT&T.
    I love my pre (coming from an Iphone)!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I switched over from ATT and unfortunately will have to give up my Pre. It is, bar none, the best phone I have ever held in my hands. Unfortunately, Sprint is terrible everywhere I need it. I work in a hospital (where I spend most of my life) and just cannot get good reception. I drop calls, cannot make calls, and get NO reception in certain places. As much as I hate it, I have to return the phone. I havent yet because I am holding on to it as long as possible. It will make the wait, whenever it comes out for ATT/Verizon, that much shorter.
    I've been a customer for a while but I ported my girlfriend over from VZW. She likes it so far.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ditched Verizon in a heartbeat.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast