Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is at the top of my wish list. I'd gladly pay for an app that would do this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hell, I'd pay a few hundred bucks myself for someone to develop it to the specs I outlined on page 1.
    Still using my Treo 650. Waiting for the real apps to come for Pre...
    I'm not going to go through the forums and find it, but i'm sure a little searching will show all the past conversations on the subject. Several developers have voiced the state of Group Text on the Pre is a dead end. Like most applications that we aren't satisfied with, its because the developers are limited to what is possible via the SDK. Several developers have stated that as of now, it is impossible on the pre to populate the "To" field with more than one name at a time.

The developer of Quick Contacts (i think, could be a different app) said he completely understood the need and desire for this feature, and that he was talking to palm trying to work on a solution.

Bottom line, 6 months from now, with a much further developed SDK, this phone is going to be a hell of a lot more functional, and the apps are going to be above and beyond what the developers are capable of now
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by DAE51D View Post
    Hell, I'd pay a few hundred bucks myself for someone to develop it to the specs I outlined on page 1.
    Yes, if someone could build the app based on your specs, I'd add a few hundred bucks on TOP of what you'd be paying! That would really be a killer app!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Several developers have stated that as of now, it is impossible on the pre to populate the "To" field with more than one name at a time.
    How is this a show-stopper? Have any of these developers heard of a "foreach" loop?? Just cycle through the list of mobile numbers, populate the To: line, Send, repeat. What am I not understanding about that? That's how the PalmOS Group Contact one does it, you can even see it sending and counting as it goes. Yeah, it takes like 15 minutes or more to send to 100+ people, but so what. I start it before I leave work, and it's done by the time I get home -- shouldn't be using a phone in the car anyways!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAE51D View Post
    How is this a show-stopper? Have any of these developers heard of a "foreach" loop?? Just cycle through the list of mobile numbers, populate the To: line, Send, repeat. What am I not understanding about that? That's how the PalmOS Group Contact one does it, you can even see it sending and counting as it goes. Yeah, it takes like 15 minutes or more to send to 100+ people, but so what. I start it before I leave work, and it's done by the time I get home -- shouldn't be using a phone in the car anyways!
    Yeah... several people have thrown out that type of manual work around... haven't heard feedback on that though.

Anyway, i have no doubt, as a productivity focused phone, caller groups can't be far away <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Anyone know if this "Group Text Messaging v1.0.040930.01 demonstration app by Pa1mOne" app from the PalmOS will work with MotionApps classic emulator on the Pre?

http://www.mytreo.net/downloads/grou...aging,730.html
    m waiting for group text messenging to come tot he pre to, does anyone know if it will work with classic on the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hwardlaw01 View Post
    m waiting for group text messenging to come tot he pre to, does anyone know if it will work with classic on the pre
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...g-support.html
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Mail lists works perfect... I have 5 different groups setup. All u do is name group, select contacts to add to list. when u want to text the entire group, open app, select group and the app brings ur entire group into the SMS program. It works that good and easy......

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Let me introduce you to this new thing called E-MAIL.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Let me introduce you to not everybody has email enabled phones... Such as when we I use to work for a service company we where given dumb phones and service meeting time, etc were sent via group sms to all techs.

Email is not the solution.
    There is an app called Mail Lists that allows you to set up groups and select as many recipients as you have in any group to receive the texts. Check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Details have changed about an important meeting happening in a few minutes. You send the updated information to the respective parties via email. Some of them get it and others miss the meeting because they did not check their email until 2 days later. SMS would have been the better solution!
    I have friends from 2 different states, if i could just add them to a group in my contacts list, and then send a blast text to all in that group, like, "fire at my place tonight" so it doesnt go to my buisness contacts or friends in PA , that would be great. could do it on my old slider phone =\
    I have tried every "group text" app (I think) and this is definitely the best solution....

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...alog/txt-group

Oh yea, did I mention that this app has the best price too? FREE!!! and there are no limitations as to the number of lists, contacts per list, etc like the others impose.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12