Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I really want to get a Pre, but I am concerned about all of the reports of "light leaks" and loose batteries and cracked screens, so I want to make sure that when I buy one, I will be covered if the thing needs to be replaced.

I am considering buying it from Sprint and getting the Total Equipment Protection (TEP) insurance coverage, -OR- getting it from Best Buy and getting the Geek Squad Black Tie Protection (GSBTP) coverage.

On paper, Best Buy's GSBTP seems like a better replacement plan (no deductible, no limits on replacements), but you never know until you actually have to go through the nightmares of having to make a claim.

So, does anyone have any suggestions or care to share their experiences with Best Buy or Sprint?

I hadn't even really considered Radio Shack, but I could be talked into giving them a try too.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    C'mon! No one has any horror stories about Sprint or Best Buy that they want to share? Really?!?
    well bestbuy has instant rebates, as opposed to sprints mail in rebates.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Got mine at radioshack. Got two, actually. Got RS insurance on one and spoke with the manager-if anything happens to either I can go to any RS and get an in store replacement.

Try Searching for other threads. There are a lot of stories out already about people going to various places, what they encountered, and how issues were resolved.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Best Buy's great for the instant rebate, and it seems to me like their insurance plan is a little better, but if you have a problem with your Pre, BB's lack of inventory will likely be a problem if you need to return it.
    Bestbuy, instant rebate plus 1 free month of their insurance, plus you can add sprint's insurance and decide whichever one you want to keep.
    Best Buy's protection plan (it's not insurance) is great, however just remember that it will not cover lost or stolen phones. It's up to you to decide which will be better for you.

I think you'll have trouble finding one at a Best Buy right now, so it really depends on how much of a hurry you're in.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Neither. Go to RadioShack

I bought my 1st Pre on Launch weekend, There was a short line. I was #4 in line.
    RS only had 4 Pre's sent to them,

I got the 199.00 price on the spot, I was in and out in less than 20 min.
    When i got home I reasied I had some problems with the phone, I called RS thye immediatly exchanged for a new one that day, well my new one was up and running well but had severe discoloration on the screen, I called RS and the mamager told me he will call me as soon as he gets one in stock he called 2 days later exchanged no questions asked. He even threw in a belt clip case for my troubles.

Radio shack also offered my 12 months 0 interest so I can pay the Pre off in installments.

radioshack usually has better service because they have less volume of customers. I was pleased with the service I have so far received.

I can't say the same for Sprint stores in the past It was Hell getting my Treo services, reapired, or replaced. & Best Buy is a similair problem .
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I didn't know that Radio Shack was giving the instant rebate like Best Buy is. I also didn't know they also have their own protection plan. How much does it cost?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    I was #4 in line. RS only had 4 Pre's sent to them,

When i got home I reasied I had some problems with the phone, I called RS thye immediatly exchanged for a new one that day,
    Wow! Radio Shack is awesome! If you were #4 in line and they only got 4 and then they gave you a replacement the very same day they must be manufacturing Pre's in the backroom!

Just messin' with ya!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Neither. Go to RadioShack

I was #4 in line.

RS only had 4 Pre's sent to them

When i got home I reasied I had some problems with the phone, I called RS thye immediatly exchanged for a new one that day
    these parts need an explanation. you got the last Pre on launch day, then by the time you got home and called, they exchanged for a brand new Pre that same day?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    these parts need an explanation. you got the last Pre on launch day, then by the time you got home and called, they exchanged for a brand new Pre that same day?
    Beat ya by one minute!
    I bought mine at Best Buy first day (first in line!) because you don't have to worry about rebates. All I had to pay was $199. No worries about getting your rebate. I got in and out of there within 5 minutes. Nice, easy and quick. The only positives about going to Sprint are; they always know what they are doing, high stocks, and the get ready program they are doing.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing I'm still on my first Pre!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The only positives about going to Sprint are; they always know what they are doing
    I pray that that was sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    I pray that that was sarcasm.
    Haha! yeah. It has been my experience that the Sprint sales reps will tell you whatever you want to hear in order to get you to buy something. Which doesn't bother me that much, since I do my own research before I make a purchase like this anyway.
    Just go to whoever has some in stock.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Just go to whoever has some in stock.
    Well, I don't have to have it today. I have been patient enough to wait for it since January, so I can wait a few more weeks or even a month if I have to in order to buy it from the vendor that I trust the most. I'm just trying to figure out which vendor that should be.
    Best Buy for sure. Screw the $100 mail in rebate and screw mail in rebates in general. That's one thing I like about Best Buy - mail in no rebates.
    One thing to consider is that if you buy from Sprint you can add it to your account so you will have the 30 days (which is there return policy) before you have to pay. Plus, you get a discount on 2 or more accessories if you buy at Sprint.

I have had their insurance for years. It is a biggie that they cover lost and stolen phones and there is no deductible if the phone is defective, it only applies to the lost, stolen or water damaged phones. Alos, they overnight your replacement.
    My problem is deciding between BB or Sprint store! Was in BB last week and was quoted $379+tax and I know Sprint will sell it to me for $474.99+tax(with my $75 upgrade reduction). Ok, that's the numbers. Here's the coin flip. Say the purchased phone has problems that would make it exchangeable. Who better to have bought it from, BB or Sprint?

thanks....george
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast