Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went to radioshack in the ghetto to get mine They had plenty of inventory, so I chose the one with the newest box
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    these parts need an explanation. you got the last Pre on launch day, then by the time you got home and called, they exchanged for a brand new Pre that same day?

I was number 4 in line & they only had 4, I asked the manegr about that exact thing,

manager told me that one of the ladies in line was not eligible for contract renewel as of yet , so she decided not to buy. I lucked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nkthornton View Post
    One thing to consider is that if you buy from Sprint you can add it to your account so you will have the 30 days (which is there return policy) before you have to pay. Plus, you get a discount on 2 or more accessories if you buy at Sprint.

I have had their insurance for years. It is a biggie that they cover lost and stolen phones and there is no deductible if the phone is defective, it only applies to the lost, stolen or water damaged phones. Alos, they overnight your replacement.
    With RS I qualified for 12 months no interest so That was a nice bonus.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    How does Best Buy handle purchases for a current Sprint subscriber, under contract with no available handset upgrade credit? I visited a Sprint store over the weekend for the Pre, but walked out without one because I was informed I would get no concessions and would have to pay full price, as my last handset upgrade credit was awarded to me in November when I got my Touch Pro.

I see Best Buy sells the Pre for $199 without the rebate, but do they offer that to everyone who changes their plan on-site and signs a 2-year agreement? If that's the case, why would I buy from Telesales or a Sprint store at the $549 unsubsidized price?
    Radio Shack and best buy have great deals but if something happens to the phone sprint will not support them. Have a crack in the screen bought the phone at radio shack. Radio shack cannot exchange only refund due to a 6-8 week lag in shipping by sprint once they sold out that was it. sprint will not honor any thing within the first 30 days i have been on the phone all day to no avail sprtint says call radio shack...... radio shack says call sprint...... in the long run by sprint was told............. return the phone to radio shack get my money back and then go to sprint to buy one that is the only way to help me out........ waiting for a call back from palm on the issue....
    None of the Radio Shack or Best Buy stores in my city had any of the Pre phones in stock or would have them until the middle of next month. All but one of the Sprint stores were out too, but they were getting shipments later this month.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    goto the one that calls you first after you get on a wait list.
    I was in a BB store tonight. From what I understood, if you were in the middle of a two year contract, the price for the phone was $349.

The store I was in had it priced at $199 for an new line and also $199 with an upgrade from an existing Sprint plan to the Simply Everything plan ($99/mo). I'm not saying its a good deal, it's just different from what has been posted. That's markedly different from the Sprint stores, isn't it?

I guess it prevents you from getting the employee referral Simply Everything Plan(450 minutes at $69/month). And, oh yeah, they don't have any phones to sell anyway.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    @3putt I am in the middle of a 2 year contract and I was quoted the $349 price as well by Best Buy (as was a friend in the same situation). Sprint is quoting me $475. I have been on the waiting list at my local BB since release day and am told I am next on the list. So far my local BB only received 1 Pre since launch day and had only 6 for the launch. The wait is killing me.

I was also told yesterday that when they get phones in, they start calling down the waitlist and if no one answers, they just hang up and call the next name on the list and do that until they get an answer (rather than leave a message).
    @Wormdood

That is the same situation I am in. I left a question earlier in this thread about buying either at BB or Sprint(BB and Sprint prices exactly as you have in your mesage). It seems if you need to return your phone for a problem, Sprint does not want to hear from you unless you bought it from them. So it seems that one pays a lower price(BB) and hope they can replace with a new one or buy at a higher price from Sprint. I, for one, will be checking BB's return policy to be on guard.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I went to Radio Shack last night and talked to a sales person. Keep in mind that I didn't see any of this info in writting so take it with a grain of salt.

The sales person said that none of the RS stores in my area (houston TX) are currently selling the pre. she said that, at launch,due to the limited supply, only a few certain stores, mostly in California, were given a few pre's to sell. Now none of the RS stores are getting any more, but they might start carrying them in awhile, possibly in August.
    I also asked about their protection plan and she said that it costs $79 up front and lasts for two years. It covers accidental damage (including water damage) and manfacuturer defects. it does not cover lost or stolen phones. There is no deductible to pay when making a claim. They will let you borrow a loaner phone while they try to repair or replace your damaged phone.

So, to me, their protection plan sounds pretty similar to Best Buy's protection plan but it's quite a bit cheaper ($79 for two years vs $10 a month for two years). BBs plan has some slight advantages in that you can cancel at anytime and if you manage to keep the plan for two years and never make a claim, then you get double the amount of money that you spent on the plan paid back to you in the form of rewards points.

Now I am wondering if I should just wait until RS starts to sell them.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    @polecat99 My local RadioShack in Pflugerville, TX said it would probably be September before they had any Pre stock.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s0urce View Post
    I went to radioshack in the ghetto to get mine They had plenty of inventory, so I chose the one with the newest box
    @s0urce: When and where (what city) did you find them at Radio Shack? I'm just curious.
    polecat-- I'm in Houston, too, and haven't been able to find a pre instock anywhere as of yet.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I picked up one in Dallas (lewisburg i think) last week. So are they not resupplying them? I'll be in addison in a few weeks, I hope a few of the RS's have one down there.
    FWIW, I got a call from my local Best Buy today and they told me that they are taking Pre-Orders on the Pre now. I am guaranteed one no later than July 8th after I paid them $50 towards the phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12