1.    #1  
    I am able to connect my Pre to my iTunes (at least for now...) and transfer music, but for some reason I am not able to transfer iTunes audiobooks.

Does anyone know why and whether there is a way to transfer/listen iTunes audiobooks on your Pre?
    the audio book are probably drmed, so you youldnt be able to play them.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I have made a few audiobooks out of mp3s and they transfer and play just fine. Big problem is it doesn't act like an audiobook, ie. it doesn't start you where you left off.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I was wondering this also. Mine are .m4b. It also says "Protected" in the properties.

I just tried it again and it works!

Doesn't show chapters, but it at least plays for now.

Ugh, bad news, doesn't start where you left off and you can't scroll forward! wtf!
    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    I have made a few audiobooks out of mp3s and they transfer and play just fine. Big problem is it doesn't act like an audiobook, ie. it doesn't start you where you left off.

Yeah, I've been using mp3's as audio books for a month now and it's a BIG pain in the rear... takes sometimes 2 or 3 minutes to find my old place. I didn't actually know there was another way until looking at iTunes.

Hopefully there will be update for this in works. ;-)
    What version of itunes do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    the audio book are probably drmed, so you youldnt be able to play them.
    you could burn the audiobooks to cd-r and then re-rip them into mp3s for transfer to the pre. seems to me like if it works on an iphone, there can't be anything immoral about making it work on a pre. DRM blows and two years ago steve jobs said so.

(i also download lots of stuff at librivox.org, which is public domain books read by fans. the moby **** narrator is better than any version you can buy in stores. )
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I was wondering this also. Mine are .m4b. It also says "Protected" in the properties.

I just tried it again and it works!

Doesn't show chapters, but it at least plays for now.

Ugh, bad news, doesn't start where you left off and you can't scroll forward! ***!
    does it work if you select the books in itunes and go to File->get info->options->remember playback position
    ? you can also flag certain files as "audiobook" under "media kind"
    i don't have any problems with audiobooks remembering play position, but i have all the metadata tagged properly in itunes. as long as itunes flags it, the pre has been good about recognizing it. although it's 2010 and the music player in the pre should have its own Podcasts folder next to music, rather than putting it inside "playlists"
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I use MelodyCan. It is the best, easiest and fastest converter I found. You can try it)
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    check out drpodder for playing MP3 audiobooks. There's a separate converter so drpodder can play them