Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue but I cannot copy and past text from an email at all. What is the point of cut and paste if this does not work from within the email application?

Any others having this issue?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Cut and paste only works from editable text fields, and this is a known constraint.
    Quote Originally Posted by akatoast View Post
    I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue but I cannot copy and past text from an email at all. What is the point of cut and paste if this does not work from within the email application?

Any others having this issue?
    At the moment, you can only copy from "editable" text. Hacky solution in email is to hit reply, copy the text, and then cancel the reply message.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Sadly there is no workaround for texts either.... trying to get an addy from a text to put into google maps is much too much work!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    At the moment, you can only copy from "editable" text. Hacky solution in email is to hit reply, copy the text, and then cancel the reply message.
    I tried this and it did not work for me since all the text from my emails get jumbled together and loses their formatting. The formatting of email replies is making me think seriously to return the phone. If i cant use this phone for work email in which we have multiple threaded emails in which i have to reply, my replies are readable but the emails below lose the formatting. this sucks major.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ive done it, the copy/paste function is a known issue, its kind of glitchy, and maybe im dumb, i just figured out how to even make it work yesterday, hard to get the cursor where you want hopefully they will put something like apple magnifying glass on an update, that would work much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cr12 View Post
    ive done it, the copy/paste function is a known issue, its kind of glitchy, and maybe im dumb, i just figured out how to even make it work yesterday, hard to get the cursor where you want hopefully they will put something like apple magnifying glass on an update, that would work much better.
    Keep in mind when you are dragging to select the text, you dont have to be over the text. Just drag left to right or right to left anywhere on the screen. This way you can see while you drag.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cr12 View Post
    use orange key for cursor, works great
    As said by other posters, the much vaunted / hyped copy and paste in pre is almost worthless, as it currently can only be used in an area you can type in, such as if you were writing an e-mail on your Pre, you can select, copy and paste information, but you can't read an e-mail or webpage and copy and text data. The copy and paste on pre for now is a complete failure, and the iPhone knocks it out of the park with their implementation of copy cut and paste. Hopefully Palm will improve this in time.
    How they let this get screwed up is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    As said by other posters, the much vaunted / hyped copy and paste in pre is almost worthless, as it currently can only be used in an area you can type in, such as if you were writing an e-mail on your Pre, you can select, copy and paste information, but you can't read an e-mail or webpage and copy and text data. The copy and paste on pre for now is a complete failure, and the iPhone knocks it out of the park with their implementation of copy cut and paste. Hopefully Palm will improve this in time.
    Not exactly a complete failure. First off, I have found a few uses for it (not many, granted) Second, it was known long before the release that it only could be used in editable fields. While it wasn't loudly announced, Palm didn't exactly hide the fact.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    How they let this get screwed up is beyond me.
    I wouldn't say they screwed it up. The feature probably got put off for an update so they could get some more important core features finished for release.