1.    #1  
    I said F waiting around for these Sprint mofos (I was on "the list") to call me, so I decided to call the local Sprint stores around work. BAM!! First place I called "We have one left!". Apparently the person it was for didn't qualify for an upgrade.

Oh well!!

So for those still looking and waiting...don't wait...call around!!

It's only been 24hrs, so I'm still working on getting to know my phone, but I've got it down somewhat.

TIP: If you're going to be using it for a good amount of time, I suggest just leaving the keyboard open - constantly opening and closing the keyboard could lead to some serious wear and tear.

Pros and cons so far:

Pros:
    • Great looking screen
    • Very responsive touchscreen
    • Fast internet
    • GPS (Sprint navigation is awesome)
    • Camera (3mp and flash)
    • Obviously the multitasking capabilities (cards)
    • Size

Cons
    • Network connection is spotty - it constantly jumps from EV, 1x to R...might be the area I'm in, but still. Dropped a handful of calls last night.
    • Can't change quick launch apps.
    • Slider keyboard - Contrary to my workaround (see above), it's still a bother to have to slide out a keyboard.
    • No video
    • No micro sd slot (although 8gb is plenty........for now)
    Last edited by algee650; 06/19/2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Hey...nice!

Just a heads up...You CAN change your quick launch apps. Just hold down and drag.

Or hold Orange and tap the app on the launcher to delete.
    You can change your quick launch apps. Just bring up the launcher, then drag the icon from your quick launch bar that you don't want on there to the launcher. Then drag an icon from the launcher to the quick launch bar and voila it's done!
    Cons
    • Network connection is spotty - it constantly jumps from EV, 1x to R...might be the area I'm in, but still. Dropped a handful of calls last night.
      There are a few posts on here that change some settings that maybe able to help. Also it seems as though reception is an issue with software right now, maybe an air rave(free through CS) can help until patch or something?
      Yeah...you can. Press the app and slid it off onto a launcher page. Hold the one you want and slide on quick launcher in its place
    • Slider keyboard - Contrary to my workaround (see above), it's still a bother to have to slide out a keyboard.
      For sure. Since when did palm make sliders?
    • No video
      yet!
    • No micro sd slot (although 8gb is plenty........for now)
      I see this being the way forward, no more worrying about space, the 8gbs should be apps and other stuff, once we get orb and slingbox and hulu and netflix and several other hundred streaming outlets up and running, Your gonna see less on-board memory. IMHO
    [/QUOTE]
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You can change your quick launch apps. Just bring up the launcher, then drag the icon from your quick launch bar that you don't want on there to the launcher. Then drag an icon from the launcher to the quick launch bar and voila it's done!
    And this is why I joined this forum! Thanks guys!

haha....like I said, I'm still getting to know my phone.

Forgot to mention "Where" rocks!!
    yeah, and the beauty is the phone is only 13 days old! Can't wait till its a seasoned system like...gulp...the i-phone.
    grats on the phone
    Welcome to the family.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Welcome to the family.
    Great to be part of it!

Treo 600>650>755P>Pre

I'm on board this Palm ship til it sinks!! I kind of miss my Treo 755p tho
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The same thing happened to me. I called around on launch day and all the Sprint and Best Buy stores were sold out. A week later, I called a Sprint store and they said they were sold out but that they would call other locations. To my surprise a store by my house had a few Pres while all the other stores had waiting lists with 75+ people.

Anyway, I got my phone and I'm happy. Like algee650 said: Don't wait, call around.
  11.    #11  
    Nice Bryan!! I was content with waiting, but it was dead at work, so I decided what the heck.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Cons
    Sure you can. Don't know if this is the "official" way, but it works for me:
    • Open the Launcher.
    • Go to the page where you want the "moved" app to go (we'll use contacts as an example)
    • Press and hold the app (Contacts)
    • Slide it on to the Launcher page
    • Find the app you want on the bar.
    • Press and hold it.
    • Slide it to the Quick Launch Bar
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Hey...nice!

Just a heads up...You CAN change your quick launch apps. Just hold down and drag.

Or hold Orange and tap the app on the launcher to delete.
    Yea, I was jus about to say the say the same thing, because I changed my quick launch apps alot, before I got it down pact to what I wanted