Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    Using the orange button and selecting text can be a pinch messy especially since I have huge monster finger's but im getting used to it and have been zipping around a lot better as time goes on.

If you all wanted a Dpad why purchase a product that is "Touchscreen" having a trackball like blackberry (Which I have seen fall out and break waaaayyy to easy) would make the device heavier bigger and clunkier.
    I love my Pre! I just think directional keys would make a good thing even better. It's just after a few weeks of using it where you see some things that could use improvment, not that we wish we hadn't purchased one.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Gotta agree with others. The button in the middle is USELESS pretty much. A roller ball would be great. Allows for potential options on how to scroll, move cursor, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    Using the orange button and selecting text can be a pinch messy especially since I have huge monster finger's but im getting used to it and have been zipping around a lot better as time goes on.

If you all wanted a Dpad why purchase a product that is "Touchscreen" having a trackball like blackberry (Which I have seen fall out and break waaaayyy to easy) would make the device heavier bigger and clunkier.
    i dunno, maybe just having something else would be good

don't get me wrong, i love my pre. just throwing my thoughts out there.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I really don't care if it's old fashioned, uncool, not in style, backwards etc. I need a fast efficient communications device that saves time and effort. Navigating to your info while not having to look at the device is a time saver and is safer in some situations. Give me a WebOS device in the same form factor as the Pre and add a few buttons and a d-pad along the bottom and make it a little bit bigger if you have to and I'll be all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Seriously....

Why don't people READ the manual or Palm needs to teach people better. Far too many people don't know about this feature.
    AGREED...but they should put a d pad instead of that idiotic button

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm still wait-listed, and I'm definitely upgrading when mine comes in, but add me to the "needs a D-pad or 5-way navigator" chorus. The hold-orange-and-drag method is way too clumsy to be of general use. Nowhere near as convenient as a D-pad/5-way.

It may be "old school", "passe", etc. but it's useful. Please bring back the 5-way for the next Pre revision, Palm.
    Look folks. Palm will improve this in v2. They will learn, if they haven't already, nobody is using the button for its current function. I bet they know that and expect developers to make use of it.

I also bet it's either gone altogether or replaced with a glowing flush-mounted trackball that is used for notifications and scrolling. Easy, cheap upgrade. They'll do it. Hopefully it comes after my 12 month window to get the best pricing again.

Gadget Lust = decreased productivity, strained relationships, bug detection, new friends and a whole heap of fun.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12