Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    Yes the PRE will work outside US, it will work in New Zealand. When I got off the plan and turned on the phone I a got text message from local phone company telling what the roaming would be, then I turned the phone off and used WIFI where I could.
    Yep. Mexico, puerto vallarta, canada.. I used have used sprint and verizon cdma-only phones in many places outside you ess and aye.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
  2. #22  
    Everything you need to charge your retail boxed Pre is there and that's really all they mean. If you don't get a retail Pre then that is not Palm fault. If you get your phone on eBay then you are responsible for your own due diligence.
  3.    #23  
    Nope...bought it at Radio Shack...along with all of the other items.
    not ebay item.-all new in box.
  4. #24  
    Ignorance and negligence in america are a disgrace and this thread shows it. This reminds me of the dumb women who spilled hot coffe on herself from mcdonalds and sued them for millions and somehow won.
  5. #25  
    this is how docks come now. i got a zune av dock + wall charger for 80 bucks. the point was to be able to charge it in multiple places without having to carry a cord everywhere. but it didnt have the cord.
  6.    #26  
    Maybe you didnt read into the fact that I didnt take the $25 discount from them...I dont want something for nothing.
    If it is well marked that the contents are hot or dangerous...i will know.
    I am not retarded or trying to bend rules, or get something that I do not deserve.
    I do however want things to be clearly marked.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    Who in their right mind would think that when buying a charger it would NOT include the cord to power it?
    Nail. Head. HIT!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I wanted three touchstones... I ended up only buying one.

    Sounds to me like they lost out on $140 in sales.
    I was going to buy two (one for my PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $one$ $for$ $my$ $wife$'$s$ $Pr$&#$275$;) $and$ $ended$ $up$ $purchasing$ $none$.

    When I went back to Sprint store last week, my salesman mentioned that at least a half dozen Touchstones had come back for this very reason.
  9. #29  
    i am in the same boat..i figured the charger would come with a cord to actually use it just like the OP and MANY OTHER PEOPLE.. luckily i have a microusb wall adapter from a 800w lying around so i am planning on recycling that..
  10. Tyndall's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #30  
    Heh. I am sorry, but the touchstone box tells you exactly what you need to charge using it.

    The web site absoultely tells you what you need to use it.

    there are articles all over Precentral.com and the web showing what you need to use it.

    The bottom line is that whether you are buying in person or over the internet you need to take the extra minute to make sure you are getting what you need and are willing to pay for it. I don't think the ad, as stated is deceptive as that touchstone will work out of the box with the power adapter and cable you get in the box with the Pre. It is an accessory to the Pre, not a stand-alone item, at least not the one the OP ordered.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    ...
    When I went back to Sprint store last week, my salesman mentioned that at least a half dozen Touchstones had come back for this very reason.
    The box doesn't actually say it has the charger, or the cable. On-line details indicate that they're not included. That said, I would expect a charging device, especially a $70 one, to include both the cable and the wall transformer.

    When I went to a store to purchase mine, I opened to box to confirm what I had heard. Before I even got it open, the clerk handed me a cable (for free) and said "I figure this is what you're looking for - we've had a lot of complaints."
  12.    #32  
    I need to buy another accessory to make the original accessory work... Classic.
  13.    #33  
    has anyone else complained about this to palm? Did they do anything about it?
  14. ualdayan's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #34  
    I just use these:
    HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

    Ordered 3 and it came to about $6 shipped - they do work when plugged into a computer.

    I also ordered one of these:
    DealExtreme: $2.58 Universal USB Power Car Adapter (1000mA)
    Car charger to USB for $3 shipped, but haven't received it yet. I can't vouch for it, but I hope it will work since the USB cables did, USB is a standard, and this should feed it the same power your modern computer USB connector does and the same power the retail power adapter says when you look at it (5V 1A).
    Last edited by ualdayan; 06/20/2009 at 07:07 AM.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    Heh. I am sorry, but the touchstone box tells you exactly what you need to charge using it.

    The web site absoultely tells you what you need to use it.

    there are articles all over Precentral.com and the web showing what you need to use it.

    The bottom line is that whether you are buying in person or over the internet you need to take the extra minute to make sure you are getting what you need and are willing to pay for it. I don't think the ad, as stated is deceptive as that touchstone will work out of the box with the power adapter and cable you get in the box with the Pre. It is an accessory to the Pre, not a stand-alone item, at least not the one the OP ordered.
    Regardless of how detailed and clear the box is, the fact of the matter is it's ridiculous that Palm has decided not to include a power supply for this high-priced charger.

    My prediction: Palm will eventually realize how bad of a decision it was to omit a wall plug and will begin including them like they should have to begin with. Hmm, include a $2 item to sell thousands more touchstones? Sounds like a great plan to me. What say you Palm?
  16. #36  
    If you have a Pre then you already have a cord. I don't see what the argument is here. If you want another cord than you will have to buy it. Stop trying to take advantage of corporations.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by christopheralake View Post
    If you have a Pre then you already have a cord. I don't see what the argument is here. If you want another cord than you will have to buy it. Stop trying to take advantage of corporations.
    $69 for a charger w/o a $.10 cord.

    Just who's being taken advantage of here?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehoff99 View Post
    I need to buy another accessory to make the original accessory work... Classic.
    Again, the Touchstone works out of the box with the Pre. I plugged in my wall adapter that came with my Pre and I was good to go.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    $69 for a charger w/o a $.10 cord.

    Just who's being taken advantage of here?
    People wouldn't be happy with just the cord. They would want the wall adapter with it.

    The Touchstone is an add-on for the Pre. You add it to what you already have and everything works. I don't see the problem here.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Again, the Touchstone works out of the box with the Pre. I plugged in my wall adapter that came with my Pre and I was good to go.
    Of course. I don't think anyone is complaining about that. If you want more than one touchstone you will find yourself with only one charger cable. Buy 3 extra touchstones and you have only one functional one. That puts you $210 deep and then you have to go hunt down power cords for them to work b/c the single cord that came with your Pre is already in use. Owning multiple charging sources isn't a crazy concept. One for the office, one for your home desk, and one for the nightstand. Oops, you are only allowed to pick one of those locations since you have already used your power cord. Ahh, nevermind. This is a dead-end discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions