Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Thank you, this is very helpful.

Going forward, however, it might make sense to merge with this thread, so all optimized sites are in one place: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-well-pre.html
    +1 Merge, please.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Might be a stupid question ****...is there a way to delete a web page you have visited but not clear out your whole history?? I have a crazzy significant other that will check out my website history and if she sees I delete the whole thing theres something fishy lol...thanks
    Nextbus
    "Using satellite tracking, not schedules, NextBus tells you when the next public transit vehicle will arrive"
    http://www.nextbus.com/mini.html
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i.wund.com doesn't work right. you can't click the forecast button, for example, once you bring up a location...just doesn't click
    thnks
    Many mobile sites, including some mentioned above, still render much too small for my eyes.

But if you go to m.forums.precentral.net, mobile.nytimes.com (recently optimized for the Pre), or google.com.m.news first, tilt the Pre to landscape and back to portrait, then go to one of these sites below, it will be rendered in a larger font than usual, no scrolling or zooming necessary. The Pre browser remembers the zoom scale of the previous site (these three anyway), and it makes it much more readable, especially in landscape with my favorite page down gesture. The sites below are just some that this trick has been confirmed to work with.

m.usatoday.com
    mobile.time.com
    i.newsweek.com
    mobile.latimes.com
    m.detnews.com
    Note that for ZOHO MOBILE, you need to use "https" before the site, as follows:
    mobile.zoho.com/login
    It looked good on my Palm Pre, but didn't function properly in my limited testing.

Note that it does not access the Zoho CRM module, which I preferred.
    Zoho tech support indicated today that Zoho CRM module will have mobile access soon, perhaps on the following schedule:

Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Potentials -- development done, now in testing. Perhaps ready in "2 months".

Calendar -- "later" (This can mean a couple of months to a year if past experience is a guide.)
    On the apple.com/webapps site in the Games category is anyone else having trouble with the game interfaces not loading?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    The map doesn't animate on my pre but it does on the PC
    Mark F Chinsky
    I haven't had any problem browsing the web. It's crazy cuz I hardly get on my laptop anymore
    i.engadget.com works much better.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    rather typing out all that for urban dictionary, you can just type in urbandic.com
    Does anyone know how well the HSBC website functions with the Pre?
    Cantoni dot mobi has enough mobile web sites to keep someone busy for hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    OK for real this time I think the problem is solved. With the help of member Jason Robitaille I found a way to read the NY Times in a large font on the Pre.

Go to forums. precentral. net on your Pre. When it loads, tilt to landscape mode (must do) and back to portrait, then select bookmarks and choose your NYT bookmark, or just type in The New York Times and hit return.

You can now read the NY Times in a large font without scrolling. If you start a new card when going to NY Times it won't work, so choose your bookmark or type in address.

Dieter Bohn this is newsworthy. Read Precentral First, THEN the NY Times!
    I read this same tip about m.facebook.com and it is working for me, but can someone explain WHY it works and maybe some setting that can be adjusted so these sites will show up at the correct size without having to go to some other web site first?
    mobile.southwest.com works well for flights
    Here is a sorted list of 1000 links:

www.dribbr.com then click the index button in the lower-right.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    m.gamespot.com
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    onetrip.org

A shopping list optimized for iphone, looks gorgeous on the Pre and works just as an app.
    This looks great but doesn't work for me. I want to a. make a master grocery list, b. select what I need today and have only those items appear in a new list, and c. be able to check them off as I pick them up.
    *to follow*
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast