Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    I updated the list for ease of use. Thanks everyone for your contributions!
    I started a thread about the different renderings I am getting with the NY Times mobile site, including screenshots. What is the isssue here?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...47#post1707547
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    For just the national weather radar image:
    http://images.intellicast.com/Weathe..._None_anim.gif

Save it as a bookmark, then it will just go to the updated image and not the actual weather pages. This will save ALOT of time loading.

for local weather radar images:
    http://images.intellicast.com/WeatherImg/Radar/msy.gif
    just replace msy with your local airport identifier.
    The Engadget site for iphones is i.engadget.com

much better than m.engadget.com
    Unreal.

Scroll to the very bottom of The New York Times and you will find a FONT SIZE ADJUST!

Just gorgeous on the Pre!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hello,

perhaps you can also include ttklf4 in the list.

Url: ttklf4.tempw8.internet.de/m/

• Mobile Web Search
    • News US
    • News feeds
    • News search
    • Local news
    • Feed search
    • RSS 2.0 and Atom 1.0 feed reader
    • Location-based search for businesses

Thank you very much.
    OK for real this time I think the problem is solved. With the help of member Jason Robitaille I found a way to read the NY Times in a large font on the Pre.

Go to http://forums.precentral.net on your Pre. When it loads, tilt to landscape mode (must do) and back to portrait, then select bookmarks and choose your NYT bookmark, or just type in The New York Times and hit return.

You can now read the NY Times in a large font without scrolling. If you start a new card when going to NY Times it won't work, so choose your bookmark or type in address.

Dieter Bohn this is newsworthy. Read Precentral First, THEN the NY Times!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is there any way to make the mobile homepage for ebay.com look better? Mine is real small all the way in the top left corner. Its kinda a pain to have to zoom in and over when I want to use it.
    Double tapping on it didn't do it?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Double tapping on it didn't do it?
    Thanks, sure did!

Is there a way to make it to where you don't have to tap it every time I want to use ebay on the pre? It goes to the super small text when I go to a different page on ebay also...
    I hate conspiracy theories but I swear that the mobile version of Yodlee Moneycenter, a financial account aggregation service, has been "broken by design" on the Pre.

I know for a fact that I used it when I got my Pre. I recall this for sure.

However, now when I go to m.yodlee.com I get an endless repeating pop-up that opens tons of empty web cards until the Pre runs out of memory. Really lame.
    i.engadgetmobile.com if you want the site on mobile news and not just the regular engadget
    Is anyone else having a problem with the mobile version of eBay? Everytime I attempt to view an item, I get the following eBay error page: "We're sorry, a processing error has occurred. Please try again." I can search for items without a problem.
    Another to add if you wish: Streaming radio on the Pre (URL in my sig, below).

Edit: I almost forgot, we enabled a Pre-compatible theme on our user forums at First Tracks!! Online Ski Magazine this week. It uses a browser sniffer to automatically detect the Pre's web browser and switch to the Pre-compatible theme when accessed from the phone:

http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com/boards/

(Really only relevant to skiers and snowboarders.)
    Last edited by northward; 07/02/2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Additional website
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodequin View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with the mobile version of eBay? Everytime I attempt to view an item, I get the following eBay error page: "We're sorry, a processing error has occurred. Please try again." I can search for items without a problem.
    Yeah, I got that same error. I just had to keep refreshing. Or even sometimes close the card and reopen. Not sure if it is a problem with the phone or ebay.
    Last edited by caponeny; 07/02/2009 at 02:18 PM.
    The Weather Channel
    This site doesn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryClayton View Post
    The Weather Channel
    This site doesn't work for me.
    You need mw.weather.com

I believe this is what the iphone is using as its link now too.
    that blood alcohol % calculator is worthless... it only goes up to 12 drinks..
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast