Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i.wund.com = Weather Underground
    apple.accuweather.com
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    smugmug.com/iphone - or if you have an account there, xxx.smugmug.com/iphone . Only problem is if you look at the galleries and then tap a picture where the picture comes up isolated, the back button brings you to the main menu again where you have to again choose the gallery.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    You can also take a look at the Apple Web apps directory: apple.com/webapps/
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Here's a good one for all the drinkers out there... was under apple webapps

www.myhip.com/bac.html
    www.bankofamerica.com going there with my Pre it functions just like an app, it's nice
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283 View Post
    I've had no problem with it what so ever. Perhaps I've been lucky. It's a lot better then x.facebook.com or m.facebook.com
    How can it be better than x.facebook.com? It is x.facebook.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by akatoast View Post
    The default facebook page on the pre is pretty much useless. I can't comment on status updates, and i lost much of the functionality that i had using the m.facebook.com on my windows mobile treo.
    Yeah x.facebook.com is horrible, someone has to do a proper Facebook app.
    m.espn.com works amazingly, as if it were an app!
    http://new.m.yahoo.com News, Mail, Weather, etc. The Social Pulse is kind of like FriendFeed where it combines your Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, etc. into one feed.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The mobile for Bank of America is bofa.mobi It works great.
    I found these:

m.digg.com

sportstap.mobi

mobile.latimes.com

iphone.travelocity.com

i.newsweek.com

urbandictionary.com/iphone

hotels.com/iphone
    Dieter!

I... I...I love you, man!!! *weeping joyously* Working the orig. site is doable, but a bit of a PITA. I really didn't think about trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    We have a mobile version of the blog too.

Http://m.precentral.net
    Excellent post.
    The New York Times unless you prefer the app.

I had been asking about a page down gesture on the Pre repeatedly before release. I never got a definite answer until Dieter's review. I learned that when in landscape mode, a flick up with your thumb in the gesture area does the trick. Just a reminder for anyone who may have missed it. It makes reading a pleasure, never having to touch the screen, or worry about scrolling out of control.

The precentral mobile site is beautiful. I can't believe I wasn't aware of it. If only all mobile sites had that font size.
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    The NY Times site is better suited for the iphone's larger screen size. I think its almost unreadable on the pre unless you're in landscape mode. Hopefully, a mobile version with larger fonts and different paragraph spacing comes out.
    There is something strange going on with the NYT mobile site and the Pre.

It is coming up in two different font sizes, sometimes perfectly readable, sometimes ridiculously tiny. This from the same bookmark.
    Last edited by galavanter; 06/25/2009 at 03:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    How can it be better than x.facebook.com? It is x.facebook.com.
    i thought he was talking about the regular facebook.com. i only get memory issues if i try to pull up another card while using a facebook app.
    m.engadget.com
    m.gizmodo.com
    m.digg.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    The full facebook site will, however, tickle every memory leak in the browser. You'll get the memory warning pretty quickly with facebook open.
    I've never come across this issue, and I've been browsing Facebook.com on the phone since May.
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious about "Apps." I don't yet have a Pre so I don't have first-hand experience with them.

Judging from all the iPhone Apps, it appears that most are simply web interfaces similar to what AvantGo started years ago. Why bother dedicating limited memory to an "App" when a bookmark to a web page can do the exact same thing?

I can understand using an App if it greatly minimizes the steps necessary to accomplish a task (such as the Facebook App), it just appears that many do no such thing.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast