Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Has anyone been able to get public transportation directions in Google Maps. I don't think the app supports it at the moment, and if I try going to Google Maps in the browser, it opens the app.

This would be something very nice to be added to the Google Maps app.
    I tried to get it for a upcoming trip to DC and could not.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm going to San Francisco in a month and this feature would be killer to have.
    This feature and the latitude feature are in google maps on other platforms I know they were in it on my blackberry. I don't understand why they aren't in the app on the pre.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Don't worry, it will be there. I can't recall a single instance where Google had these things at launch on any phone, I think it took the iPhone a year before it got it.

Anyway you can use the text version of transit.google.com (Google Transit), I know it's a lot less convenient but for now it'll have to do.
    There is also a browser based version of Metro:
    Métro (iPhone)

Both a mobile and non-mobile version incase one works better.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I had this feature on my WinMo phone and it was a life saver. I hope they update that soon!!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    To get to Google Transit via the browser you have to use this URL

Google Transit

Bookmark it and add to your launcher!
    eff google for this..

HopStop.com - Subway Directions and Bus Directions for New York City (NYC) owns for public trans directions.. especially nyc. google made their app after what hopstop was able to do.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ah crap.. no pittsburgh on hopstop.com
    and that google bypass link doesn't work right either.. it defaults to the app when you put in directions request.
    FAIL!