Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last new application I believe was last Thursday or Friday, everything since has been just useless updates that really didn't change anything in the first place. Anyway is anyone else upset about all this. Please don't start wasting time in the forum talking about how iphone had nothing when it was just released. They also had no competition. I have been a sprint user for 9 years and due to lack of application for the Pre I'm definatelly going to go check out the new iphone today and may even port over my number if I'm impressed.
    Don't get me wrong I love the pre its just that I don't want to wait 6 months before there are any decent apps available, by that time I will be ready for the next palm phone.
    I gotta second that. The past is the past, they need to compete today.
    I had an android phone for a few weeks when it came out and it added several apps per day.
    No I am not that upset. Most of the apps are nice, but I do not use them on a day to day basis. Personally I am more interested in the release of Epocrates & Skyscape apps which do not require the classic app. Everything else beyond that is supplemental for me.
    I am pretty upset especially after the first week having somewhat of a steady flow of new apps. Also hearing from developers that their updates still haven't made it live also suggests a slow approval process for app updates as well. As much as I love Palm, they need to crank things out a little faster if they want to hang on to more new customers looking for a decent app catalog.
    I am a little miffed about the lack of apps. That's the only thing holding this phone back for me (I'm not having any hardware issues except for a bum touchstone which is being repolaced). I'm loving EVERYTHING about the phone, it is perfect, the only thing I wish I had was more apps! I need my medical apps, STAT!
  6.    #6  
    I agree, I think I will be more upset if by the end of the day today we still don't have any new apps. I think allot of people are expecting some things today so will have to wait and see.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Palm really needs to get going if they want to be taken seriously. It has been said time and time again by everyone in the industry; apps are the new direction the smartphone market is heading.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yea, I am hoping for something good soon. Been checking daily just to be let down.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx100 View Post
    Yea, I am hoping for something good soon. Been checking daily just to be let down.
    haha daily, I've been checking hourly only to be let down
    Yeah, I'm bummed.
    I thought the apps were going to be showing up regularly to build up the App Catalog quickly.
    We've been at about 30 apps for a week now.. what happened to the 1000 developers that got the SDK?

Oh well, hopefully something will be coming in a few days.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    I just wish the SDK would be released already. That is the the one and only thing I miss from my iPhone. I even thought of switching but AT&T refuses to sell me an iPhone unless I choose a new number, they don't want to sell me me one because I paid an ETF and I sold mine in ebay.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Meh.....be patient, once the SDK is released there will likely be more then you know what to do with.
    They will likely wait on the release of any new apps until after the OS update, if that rumor is true.

But in general, we all seem to be an extremely impatient lot, don't we?

Palm has been consistent thus far in telling the consumer its time tables, and yet we continue to demand "now" and when it is not delivered we forcast the destruction of the company. PAlm and Sprint and now working on making money on phone sales. The App Catalog is not generating them a dime as of yet. They have stated time and again the SDK will be released after the Phone's introduction, and that they have a few key partners working with them now. Palm has, really, been nothing but forthright with this information. But still we clamor for "more, better faster!"
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  14.    #14  
    well but if they wait to long allot of people including myself will get tired of waiting and will just switch to the iphone
    Wow you can really see people's impatience in these threads lol. But I can say, it would be nice to atleast have an app, or email/update sent to you to tell you when new apps are available......So we are all not checking the app store every half an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    well but if they wait to long allot of people including myself will get tired of waiting and will just switch to the iphone
    I am not expecting anything of major substance until next year. By then, we'll all be asking, "Which flashlight app is better?" Yeah, I'm sure there will be some big name apps this year, which will be great, but I set my expectations real low, being in the software development industry. Once the SDK is out, it will take a while for devs to crank up the volume.

I just want the same functionality out of google maps as the iphone does. (bookmarks? Streetview?)
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    can someone please write a bunch of useless fart apps so people will stop complaining about something they knew about when they bought the phone. My word people, do you want them to put out a load of useless buggy apps or a few useful apps. Sometimes I think people are expecting 40,000 apps in the first year.
    I am potential convert from the cult of Iphone but right now I am a little dissapointed. I was an early adopter for the Iphone just as I am now with the Pre and I must say that I never had this many problems with my Iphone. And, as much as I hate AT&T's pricing compared to Sprint's, AT&T's service in my area is so much better than Sprint/Nextel's. What kills me is how much I really like my new Pre. Its such a cool device and, yeah there are a few things I'll miss from the Iphone but I want to have faith that the developing Pre community will rally behind and bring so many better features to the Pre as soon as the SDK is released.
    But I say all of that to say this: I really hope Palm releases some new apps or maybe the awaited update today. Sprint has 30 days to really get me hooked and I really want to be hooked but to be able to put up with bad signal strength at my home and at my job I would really like to feel the love from Sprint and Palm in the next few days.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by benj0iner2oo3 View Post
    I am potential convert from the cult of Iphone but right now I am a little dissapointed. I was an early adopter for the Iphone just as I am now with the Pre and I must say that I never had this many problems with my Iphone. And, as much as I hate AT&T's pricing compared to Sprint's, AT&T's service in my area is so much better than Sprint/Nextel's. What kills me is how much I really like my new Pre. Its such a cool device and, yeah there are a few things I'll miss from the Iphone but I want to have faith that the developing Pre community will rally behind and bring so many better features to the Pre as soon as the SDK is released.
    But I say all of that to say this: I really hope Palm releases some new apps or maybe the awaited update today. Sprint has 30 days to really get me hooked and I really want to be hooked but to be able to put up with bad signal strength at my home and at my job I would really like to feel the love from Sprint and Palm in the next few days.
    Totaly agree!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm not really upset but I'll use the same word I use to describe my feelings about the calendar, sync options, setting options, camera features, battery life, "Classic" cost and reliability...

disappointed!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sticking with the Pre and there's a lot I like, but Palm has a long way to go before they move the needle (for the overall user experience) from "passable" toward "great."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast