Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post
    Yeah I'm curious what you guys used to attach your touchstones as well. I've already got a decent bracket mount for my XM radio that I'm planning on using for the Pre just investigating the best way to attach it before I do. I'll post some pics when I'm done too.
    I had a bracket mount too, but along with the small challenges of get it into the bracket just right every time, and also having to plug in power if I neede it, because it was on an arm it always jiggled around a bit and there was some "give" that made it more difficult to press buttons on the screen. Mounted as it is on the TS it's rock solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post
    Yeah I'm curious what you guys used to attach your touchstones as well. I've already got a decent bracket mount for my XM radio that I'm planning on using for the Pre just investigating the best way to attach it before I do. I'll post some pics when I'm done too.
    I went the cheap route. Painted a piece of sheet metal and bent it to 90 degrees or so. One end fits between my faux wood insert and my dash. The other part is exposed and has the TS attached via double-sided tape.

I chose this method because I work where people seem to wanna steal everything. I can easily remove my setup and put the TS in the center console. I ran wires behind the faux wood and finally bought a 90 degree 3.5mm plug.

Pictures later because the system won't let me add.
    Check this out:
    SD Card Reader, USB port (works with USB mode on the pre) and you can select tracks from the head unit, and an AUX port
    $79
    Walmart.com: VR3 AM/FM Car Receiver & CD/MP3/WMA Player, VRCD400SDU: Auto Electronics
    Hi guys I posted this question in another thread as well.

I've been using my Pre with the cassette option which works great and that is how I used my Treo 650.

But from everyone here, it might be possible to use it as a 'Hand Free' phone' (maybe the thread should be renamed to that).

I'm going to test this out today but I had one question:

Where do you locate the Pre, how close does the mic on the Pre need to be near you?

I have a car mount this is by my glove compartment about the height of the audio system.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yesterday I found this and ordered it from Amazon for about $20.
    iGrip Universal Fit Cigarette Lighter Mount for Palm Pre.
    I thinking that I will have the choice to mount the TS on it or more probably just mount the Pre on it directly. It should be very convenient to add of remove , both the mount and the phone. I use my after market under dash XM Receiver AUX port to get to car speakers. With my Centro, I listed to Audible Books, and when a call came in I could get call on my car speakers and just used Centro phone mic to talk........Worked great.

Here's the link

Amazon.com: iGRIP MagnaTec phone holder with cigarette lighter mount*(all phones): Cell Phones & Service

I had a custom iGrip 650 Fit cigarette mount and it was GREAT.

Never found one for the Centro, although I would have purchased this if I had seen it. It appears to have a very slim profile as opposed to the Universal iGrip, which what I like about this type.

I like the Cigarette Mount as you don't have to attach anything to the vehicle and it can be hidden easily. Also you can easily set it up to be highly visible.
    I will report when I get it in a week or so..........
    My wifes car doesn't have an AUX port, We couldn't replace her Head unit because she has steering wheel controls for her stereo and if we replaced the head unit she would lose that capability.

So I took it to BestBuy had them install one of those directly wired FM modulators and it works perfectly. A cord is wired directly to the FM Factory receiver and the end has a standard headphone jack, plugs directly into the phone, When A call comes in you hear the caller over your speakers, excellent solution.

If she had a Tape deck in her car we would probably opt for the cassette adapter.

Do NOT buy a Fm Modulator that plugs into the Cigarette lighter those wireless ones are crap!
    Last edited by Addie_Goodvibes; 07/17/2009 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    Having the luxury of an "AUX" port in my Suburban, I bought a 12" 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable for $5 at Radio Shack,and it allows for music, Sprint Nav Voice Turn-by-Turn and hands free phone calls over the stereo system, with the Pre sitting in the console. Works great for all three and the mic picks me up fine for the person on the other end of a call.

I doubt it will mute music if a call comes in - time will tell.
    It will mute the music when a call comes in. Not only that, but if you have Nav working, and music playing, it will pause the music and give the directions, then go back to playing the music. When a call comes in, it pauses what is going on, you answer the phone call, and then the built-in mic kicks in for what you are saying. The caller comes in over the speakers, and the quality of both sides is excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    buy a car with an aux input. Im totally being serious. The sound quality of a tape deck or fm transmitter just cannot compare to a direct stereo input.
    Two of our cars do not have an aux plug. One is a Jag, and the built in audio system is otherwise very good and very expensive, so I am not going to switch out the stereo. On that one, I bought a Motorokr T505 from Motorola, and that is a great system. It hangs from the visor, and has a built in speaker, or you can set it to forward your audio to the car stereo via FM. The sound quality is very good. You can send the sound from TV, video, Pandora, etc. to your stereo, and when a call comes in, it cuts in and you can talk over the stereo, with the phone's built in mic. If you want to listen to the car's audio, and a call comes in, you switch to the FM station that is carrying your calls, or you use the built in speaker.

On our other car, I use a $10 FM transmitter. It works just as well and in the same way as the Motorokr, but with wires from the cigarette lighter to the phone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123