Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    If you have folled the sprint tv extra thread you will understand why I will not be responding to this thread.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    buy a car with an aux input. Im totally being serious. The sound quality of a tape deck or fm transmitter just cannot compare to a direct stereo input.
    I'm working on it Theres an option of getting an after market cd player in my trailblazer but I just hate the way all that stuff looks. I had an FM transmitter with my ipod that also charged it and that worked great for me. Having the dual charge and the option to play through the speakers was a great 1-2 combination.

Will putting a touchstone in my car let music, gps, calls come through the speakers? What about just a normal car charger? I'm guessing no but its been awhile since I looked at car accessories for electronics so I'm not sure.

Hmmm, prolly time to go car shopping
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for a Palm specific Proclip solution. Although ya'll say the Palm Treo clip works, if im paying close to $70 for the clips i want it specific for the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    buy a car with an aux input. Im totally being serious. The sound quality of a tape deck or fm transmitter just cannot compare to a direct stereo input.
    It's possible to just buy a new stereo with an aux ...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    haha yea or that. much cheaper than a new vehicle
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    So where can I buy an AUX cable that also has an inline mic? I just bought a Motorola T505 but I can't stand playing music through the FM Transmitter because of static and would like something like an AUX cable that also had an inline mic. Having trouble finding anything online.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    So where can I buy an AUX cable that also has an inline mic? I just bought a Motorola T505 but I can't stand playing music through the FM Transmitter because of static and would like something like an AUX cable that also had an inline mic. Having trouble finding anything online.
    I don't know anyone that makes one... it was just an idea.

Just tried placing a call while plugged into aux. I could hear him, but he could not hear me until I switched to speakerphone, which of course turns off the headphone output.
    same here
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Here's another idea. You could connect a headphone adapter (the kind used for adding a mic and button to aftermarket headphones) to the Pre and run a standard 3.5mm extension cable from it to your aux. That would give you the added convenience of using the button to answer instead of the touch screen while driving. Probably safer. Would work with the cassette adapter, too.

This one from Seidio would work: store.precentral.net/seidio-headphone-mic-adapter-35mm-to-35mm/11A75A2929.htm

Sorry... not enough posts to add links.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Just tried placing a call while plugged into aux. I could hear him, but he could not hear me until I switched to speakerphone, which of course turns off the headphone output.
    Having the same problem! How do we get this to work?
  10.    #30  
    Looks like I'll be getting an FM transmitter. The ipod one I have works fine for me but it took like 4 purchases until I got one to work well. Hopefully the one I get for my pre will work just as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc000t View Post
    trailblazer
    What year? Seems to me that aux-in kits are available for most GM cars and trucks that plug into the CD changer port on the back of the radio.
    My setup: Sprint charger + touchstone + a nifty little adjustable 12V splitter from radioshack + this awesome FM transmitter that works amazingly well even in crowded FM frequencies:

Amazon.com: Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter (MBL-FM XMTR300): Electronics

I just set the touchstone down near the gearstick, no mounts needed. Phone sits quite comfortably and sturdily. I enter the car, plug in the audio cable, put the phone on the touchstone and I'm ready to go.
    I like everyone's ideas. I have a jvc cd player in my car and it has no aux jack in the back. I found a cd changer to aux cable on ebay for 12 bucks! I'm waiting on it to get here but should work awesome. My current problem is my cigerette lighter plugin is not strong enough to charge my touchstone. Does anyone know how one can tap into more powr from the car battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    My setup: Sprint charger + touchstone + a nifty little adjustable 12V splitter from radioshack + this awesome FM transmitter that works amazingly well even in crowded FM frequencies:

amazon /gp/product/B000E43GOO/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=304485901&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00019068G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TRJVB69YRSPME857398]Amazon.com: Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter (MBL-FM XMTR300): Electronics

I just set the touchstone down near the gearstick, no mounts needed. Phone sits quite comfortably and sturdily. I enter the car, plug in the audio cable, put the phone on the touchstone and I'm ready to go.
    Thanks for the advice. I bought the same modulator because of your post. Problem is when charging with the Sprint brand charger and no Touchstone, there is a terrible humming sound that stops when it's not charging. Does it do that with the touchstone? Or maybe I'm doing something I shouldn't. Advice please????
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Good cheapo option.

• Cassette or CD adapter to 3.5mm -$10
    • Sprint car charger found on eBay for $10
    • iGrip universal vent mount $20

Better
    • Bluetooth
    • Motorola Charger
    • Touchstone
    • Proclips Mount

$150-200

I'm in between using 3.5mm AUX jack in stereo, iGrip with no Touchstone.
    I'd like to revise your el chepo option just a bit.

Monoprice has a vent mount for about $3, and a car charger for $1-$2, both work great with the Pre.
    Just got this hooked up yesterday, but Touchstone in the car is awesome.

Even with the stiff suspension on my Tundra, it doesn't move an inch even over the rough stuff. As others have said, it pauses and mutes music and brings up the phone application already set to speakerphone (because it's on the TS) and you can hear the caller through the car stereo system when hooked up to an AUX input.

The ony hassle is having to unplug the AUX cable when you take it from the car. I had originally purchased a universal mount from Pep Boys for $12, but putting the phone on there without having it push the volume buttons on the side or get in the way of the charge cable was a bit of work.

I can't believe how this has cleaned up the inside of my truck. My center console WAS full of cables and crap; the iPod plus mount and adapter which I no longer need, the GPS unti plus mount and adapter which I no longer need; the travel charger and inverter for my BB which I no longer need.

This is just sweet.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Just got this hooked up yesterday, but Touchstone in the car is awesome.

Even with the stiff suspension on my Tundra, it doesn't move an inch even over the rough stuff. As others have said, it pauses and mutes music and brings up the phone application already set to speakerphone (because it's on the TS) and you can hear the caller through the car stereo system when hooked up to an AUX input.

The ony hassle is having to unplug the AUX cable when you take it from the car. I had originally purchased a universal mount from Pep Boys for $12, but putting the phone on there without having it push the volume buttons on the side or get in the way of the charge cable was a bit of work.

I can't believe how this has cleaned up the inside of my truck. My center console WAS full of cables and crap; the iPod plus mount and adapter which I no longer need, the GPS unti plus mount and adapter which I no longer need; the travel charger and inverter for my BB which I no longer need.

This is just sweet.
    That looks awesome. What did you use to attach the TS to the console?
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    That looks awesome. What did you use to attach the TS to the console?
    It's just 3M double-sided tape. Amazing how that stuff holds.

It's actually attached to a spot that was a coin holder, and I had to engineer a little to get a flat surface since the whole interior of the truck is curved surfaces.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm curious what you guys used to attach your touchstones as well. I've already got a decent bracket mount for my XM radio that I'm planning on using for the Pre just investigating the best way to attach it before I do. I'll post some pics when I'm done too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    What year? Seems to me that aux-in kits are available for most GM cars and trucks that plug into the CD changer port on the back of the radio.
    I'd like to echo that--most newer model cars have a kit that you can buy from the dealer (or have the dealer install) that will give you an aux jack (usually instead of a cd changer). Sometimes the installation takes a little work, but nothing a fairly handy person can't handle. I've done it in my MINI and X5. If it's available, this is a great way to link your Pre to your system.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast