1.    #1  
    Well, since the Yahoo Instant Messenger isn't available yet on the Pre, I figured out the following:

If you go to m.yahoo.com, all the way at the bottom of the page there is a Sign In link, go sign in! After putting in your u/name and p/word you can scroll down a little and find the link for Yahoo! Mesenger. Don't know why, but you gotta sign in again. Then, you have Yahoo! Messenger running on your Pre. I've bookmarked this page and can get to it quickly now.

Screenshot of messenger running attached.

Hope this helps until they release a stand alone app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good find man....works pretty decent.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    meebo.com/mobile seems to work pretty well also.
    TTFN
    20 June 2009

Are you saying that if you take all those steps you can chat in Yahoo Messenger chat as if using your desktop?

Thanks?

Robert, Austin, Texas
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600 View Post

Are you saying that if you take all those steps you can chat in Yahoo Messenger chat as if using your desktop?
    That is precisely what he is saying.
    20 June 2009

When I speak of yahoo chat, I mean the various numerous chat rooms yahoo has, not just sending IMs back and forth to peopel on yahoo contacts/friends list.

I am referring to dynamic chat where a yaoo member can log in and select rooms and view the scrolling chat and enter remarks, etc.? Will the Pre allow this?

Not trying to belabor the point but am trying to pin down the facts as often comments in these threads are not precise and force one to assume.

Thanks, again.

Robert, Austin, Texas
    those use java. you'd have to refresh to see new conversations
    I installed Mundu Messenger and it can handle all IM protocols.

Of course, it's installed under 'Classic'.

I tested it out for Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, they both work.

For some unknown reason AIM does not work, but I suspect it's because the Pre itself does.

Rob

Download Mobile IM with MSN, Gtalk, Jabber, ICQ, Yahoo. Internet radio. VOIP, make international calls on Mobile IM Application if interested in the product.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks needed that!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Well, since the Yahoo Instant Messenger isn't available yet on the Pre, I figured out the following:

If you go to m.yahoo.com, all the way at the bottom of the page there is a Sign In link, go sign in! After putting in your u/name and p/word you can scroll down a little and find the link for Yahoo! Mesenger. Don't know why, but you gotta sign in again. Then, you have Yahoo! Messenger running on your Pre. I've bookmarked this page and can get to it quickly now.

Screenshot of messenger running attached.

Hope this helps until they release a stand alone app.
    Yes, that is how I do mine, but to receive new message, have to keep clicking "Refresh" to get any new messages
    been doing this for as long as I have had my pre.