1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to play back a windows media file, or do we have to wait for a 3rd party app? I previously used Pocket Tunes, which was great. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by westie3130 View Post
    Anyone know how to play back a windows media file, or do we have to wait for a 3rd party app? I previously used Pocket Tunes, which was great. Thanks for your help.
    If you are talking about a .wmv file the Pre cannot play it. Below is the list of file formats that work on the Pre from 113 of the user guide.

"You can view videos in the MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, and 3GP2 formats. Videos play on your phone in landscape orientation."

You will need to convert the file format to one of these for it to play. There are many programs out there that will do this as well. I would suggest searching google or these forums. I know some have suggested conversion programs that they like.
    I've looked and looked and here are my results for the easiest, free utilities:
    Sound file converter: Switch Sound File Converter
    Sound file Editor (includes video editor also): WavePad Sound Editor

Then there is the Double Twist All I've used this program for is to save files from YouTube. Then I go to the above two programs and hack it all up and put on my Pre. I have an awesome file of Darth Vader dancing to Thriller on my phone.

I have searched and installed/uninstalled most likely around 15 different programs testing them all out and the above is what I ended up with. Then I had to go defrag my computer. LOL

Hope this helps!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info-I'm not a GEEK, so may be silly question,but can I download switch sound file converter to the PRE, for conversion and playback on the PRE, or do I need to wait for a 3rd party APP?