Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dunno if it has been posted yet but...

today i was using my phone for music in my car.. when i got a call in i answered it i did not take the plug out of the head phone jack so sound was coming in from car speakers. and i started talking... the speaker phone i guess kicks in. so its like haveing bluetooth built into car stero except through the aux port and in my case... tape deck with adapter my damn infinity has all bells and whistles no aux.

way good quality and no lag even with the tape adapter... also for the most part the person speaking doesnt hear an echo i asked her my speakers were pretty loud. every now and then she would hear something then i turned volume down to a level as if i was sitting next to he now she didnt hear herself probably mic turns off when the other person is talking. i dunno but its pretty bad ***.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    How is the mp3 quality? with one of my old mp3 players the aux cable would nto be loud enough. Also have you tried this with voice gps?
  3.    #3  
    the quality was suprisingly good better then my mp3 player but once again i was using a tape adapter not a true aux in. aux in are much better quality. if you to are using a tape adapter then either the adapter is cheap or the cord is kinked i found if you pull it out of the tape slot it fixes it just slightly tug on it that is.

as for voice gps.. very cool it loweres to volume of the music but keeps playing in the background as it tells you the voice prompt then goes back to the music till the next voice prompt. and when calls come in. you just answer and talk when you are done goes back to music and navi voice prompts just where you left off
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Yeah I discovered this today as well and didn't even notice what happened until seconds after the call ended. The audio jack sends out voice to whatever its connected to and the mic activates to take in YOUR voice and YES the person on the other end didn't hear a single echo. Pretty slick stuff palm has going for them huh? I have yet to try the GPS functions.
    I was playing Pandora and I decided to make a call. The person on the other side could not hear me. I had to unplug the phone from the car's aux line.

Does the mic not turn on when placing a call, only when receiving? Does it matter if you use Pandora or use the media player?
    Thats very nifty indeed!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiron2000 View Post
    I was playing Pandora and I decided to make a call. The person on the other side could not hear me. I had to unplug the phone from the car's aux line.

Does the mic not turn on when placing a call, only when receiving? Does it matter if you use Pandora or use the media player?
    I was using pandora when my call came in so it works great with pandora for reciving as for placing I have not tested that so I dunno but I would imagine it works the same. Don't put phone to your ear just leave it in aux plug and talk as if they were next to you
    Yeah, my 700p did this too! But it echo'd.
    That feature worked witgh my Treo so I am pleased to see it works with the Pre as well
    Very cool but it's not an easter egg. It's a feature.
    feature. Works well with GPS too. Pandora, GPS, Phone, Web seamlessly switch as you would want. Stereo volume is OK, but I need a new sub. Had to tweak the EQ for Pandora. Not enough bass.
    Sweet. I just bought my aux adapter. Good find indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    feature. Works well with GPS too. Pandora, GPS, Phone, Web seamlessly switch as you would want. Stereo volume is OK, but I need a new sub. Had to tweak the EQ for Pandora. Not enough bass.
    Yep, same great experience here too! However, a note, the gps will stop routing you to your destination during your call.
    When I hooked my phone up to the tape deck, It played really, really low. Anyway to change this. I had to turn my radio up and all I hear is the hissing from the tape and very low music!
    Is there a certain setting I need to be on to make this work? The music plays great through the aux but when my wife called she could not hear me unless I disconnected the aux cable or unless I put it on speaker phone. Putting it on speakerphone only makes the sound come from the phone and not from the car speakers. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    When I hooked my phone up to the tape deck, It played really, really low. Anyway to change this. I had to turn my radio up and all I hear is the hissing from the tape and very low music!
    Forgive me if this is so obvious it is moronic, but are you sure that the volume on your Pre is all the way up?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Forgive me if this is so obvious it is moronic, but are you sure that the volume on your Pre is all the way up?
    Actually its not moronic at all as I was wonder the same thing, because I believe the Pre have different volume settings for the phone and the music player. But I believe that it was turned up. I will attempt again once I get off of work!
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I dunno if it has been posted yet but...

today i was using my phone for music in my car.. when i got a call in i answered it i did not take the plug out of the head phone jack so sound was coming in from car speakers. and i started talking... the speaker phone i guess kicks in. so its like haveing bluetooth built into car stero except through the aux port and in my case... tape deck with adapter my damn infinity has all bells and whistles no aux.

way good quality and no lag even with the tape adapter... also for the most part the person speaking doesnt hear an echo i asked her my speakers were pretty loud. every now and then she would hear something then i turned volume down to a level as if i was sitting next to he now she didnt hear herself probably mic turns off when the other person is talking. i dunno but its pretty bad ***.
    Were you just using a plain 3.5 to 3.5 aux cable or did you have a different set up?
    Bump
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    What type of aux connector did you all use and where did you get it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast