Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The OP said he was using a 3.5mm to tape deck adapter, which probably means he doesnt have an aux input.

If you have an aux input on your radio, you can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm going to test this out today but I had one question:

Where do you locate the Pre, how close does the mic on the Pre need to be near you?

I have a car mount this is by my glove compartment about the height of the audio system.

Rob
    I've had the pre all over works great no matter where i put it from my lap to passenger seat to cup holder.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    sweet
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    When I hooked my phone up to the tape deck, It played really, really low. Anyway to change this. I had to turn my radio up and all I hear is the hissing from the tape and very low music!
    This was my experience too, I have a cheap Sony unit and with the Pre at max volume and my stereo at max volume I could still barely hear the other person. Same with playing music.
    are there any apps that have been developed that work with the bluetooth of the palm pre or pixie that will let you use the fm radio without an aux or assistance of another device. just me and my pixie and my radio...and yeah an app
    Quote Originally Posted by sondee View Post
    are there any apps that have been developed that work with the bluetooth of the palm pre or pixie that will let you use the fm radio without an aux or assistance of another device. just me and my pixie and my radio...and yeah an app
    Motorola MOTOROKR T505 - speaker phone

Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Stick - B001DDE4VY - Buy.com

no app needed -- i purchased the soundfly BT it works great to broadcast music player (remix) or pandora to the radio in my car -- or a phone call -- pretty cool -- i think i would rather have the motorola t505 though

Edit: sorry did not quite get your post -- i don't think the palm phones have the ability to transmit FM frequencies -- you need a second device or a bluetooth enabled radio -- sorry
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm surprised that you don't get the echo. When I do this, if I put my pre anywhere that the microphone can hear my voice, my wife complains about echo - really bad echo.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    Yep, same great experience here too! However, a note, the gps will stop routing you to your destination during your call.
    Which is very lame, if you think about it. The only thing sprintnav needs data for would be the map. It could still tell you the turn by turn directions, since it already has them figured out, and your GPS is not affected by EVDO limitations. IIRC, it does work fine if you lose your data signal (may be off base there), so why does it care if you are on a phone call? I know that my BB curve, when it would lose data, would just show the directions. Why doesn't sprintnav just do that when on a call?

This is very frustrating to me, because many times in an unfamiliar area I'll have the map up, but want to talk to the person who knows how to get there over the phone.
    : (){:|:&};:
    When I had a BB Tour , switching out of Nav (but having it running in the background) would cause it to lose it's GPS signal. That was annoying. If I wanted to send a text or something while at a light, it would complain about losing the signal. I was very happy to see the Pre continues to route while I'm doing other things.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123