Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by akatoast View Post
    What type of aux connector did you all use and where did you get it?
    I had a gold tipped belkin 3.5 to 3.5.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    what is the device called exactly? i googled belkin 3.5 to 3.5 and got gibberish.
    I'm so excited about this! I just tried it and it works great. I made a call and the mic was fine. It's like gettho hands free! Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by akatoast View Post
    what is the device called exactly? i googled belkin 3.5 to 3.5 and got gibberish.
    A 3.5mm cable that has a male on both ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by onthepitch View Post
    I'm so excited about this! I just tried it and it works great. I made a call and the mic was fine. It's like gettho hands free! Sweet!
    I cannot get it to work on mine. Was the ringer turned on or off?
    I love this feature. It lowers the volume when a call comes in whether you're playing music via streaming web, pandora, or the media player.

Not only that, but if you're playing music or streaming music (or talk radio- which is what I am usually doing) while using GPS, the GPS voice navigation comes in over top the music periodically and then the music fades back in. Pretty snazzy. I'm going to be in the habit of having my Pre hooked up to my FM adapter whenever I'm in the car.
    Can't wait to try it out, thanks for the tip!
    For some reason when I plug in my cable the first outbound call I make the person on the other end cannot hear me. I do not have this problem with the any of the calls received. Still tinkering with it.

But the GREAT news is that the music sounds AWESOME through my car system. I have a cheap Sony Explode I bought this past February to replace my stolen Alpine. I am really impressed with all the custom sound settings. Of course this is mostly from the Sony system, but still freaking awesome.
    Anyone have any recommendations if you don't have an aux-in or cassette deck? Subaru 05 Outback with factory audio....i'd love to take advantage of this...
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I dunno if it has been posted yet but...

today i was using my phone for music in my car.. when i got a call in i answered it i did not ............level as if i was sitting next to he now she didnt hear herself probably mic turns off when the other person is talking. i dunno but its pretty bad ***.
    I'm not saying that this isn't great but I'm going to suggest looking up the meaning of Easter Egg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    yeah i think you could do this with the Centro too. It's a great feature for sure. If you're not hooking your Pre up to your car stereo you're missing out on some great features.

It's just too bad there's no dock connector like the iPhone so you could just get in, plop it in the dock, and not have to hook anything up. instead you'll always have to hook up the audio cable unless you have a bluetooth deck.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    You can buy one of those fm transmitters at wal mart for like 10 bucks. Should work fine.
    The one I purchased was from Walmart I originally used it with my mp3 player about one week after I got the Pre on a fluke I hooked it up and have been using it ever since. The only thing you have to worry about is stronger signals interferring.
    I've used the navigation software with Pandora running in the background, and yes, it does indeed work great. However, I tried placing a call while having it plugged in to my Aux port today for the first time, and I had the same issue others have stated. I could hear her just fine through my speakers, but she could hear me even when I had the mic right up next to me. I haven't tried it with someone else calling me though yet.

Maybe they have it set so that it only works on incoming calls in order to dissuade you from making calls while driving? I don't know, I guess more testing will need to be done.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    My experience has been that if I'm listening to a MP3 with it in the car and someone calls, I can answer and everything is fine. However, if I initiate the call, I can hear the other party, but they can't hear me unless I unplug and plug the cassette adapter back in after the call is connected. Seems sorta weird that they would intentionally program it that way, but indeed it might be true that they are trying to discourage making calls while driving.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    The mic not working is a bug but it can be overcome.

Frequently I cannot place an effective call BUT if I plug in the Pre (to audio) and then restart the Pre, it ALWAYS works. The problem is that a restart takes 2 minutes. So, whenever I get in the car and I'm gonna be there for more than 5 minutes, I plug it in, restart it, then boot up Pandora and/or navigation.

Now I can place or receive any calls and everything's fine.

Try a reset first and I'd be willing to bet everything works fine.

(Hopefully Palm will fix this with a future update.)
    That's one of the great advantages of having the 3.5 jack. Just plug in the cable and play. I have bluetooth in my car, but I've found that people can hear me better with the speaker on the pre than through the bluetooth. I've had no issues with being heard on either incoming or outgoing.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    That's one of the great advantages of having the 3.5 jack. Just plug in the cable and play. I have bluetooth in my car, but I've found that people can hear me better with the speaker on the pre than through the bluetooth. I've had no issues with being heard on either incoming or outgoing.
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. I DO use the aux jack to plug in and connect my Pre to my car stereo. No Bluetooth involved.

Still, 50% of the time (I have no idea why) the mic isn't activated for phone call use while the system seems to work fine in all other respects. However, if I plug in the Pre (I'm talking about plugging into the headphone jack, not necessarily power, though I have a Touchstone in my car), then restart it, then I can launch and use any app I want and the phone works great and the mic works just fine for phone calls, incoming or outgoing.

I have no explanation why I have to plug in and Restart to make sure my Pre mic will work when others don't. That's the bug I was referring to.
    Hi guys, I'm going to test this out today but I had one question:

Where do you locate the Pre, how close does the mic on the Pre need to be near you?

I have a car mount this is by my glove compartment about the height of the audio system.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I use a cassette tape adapter (RadioShack) and plug into my Pre, works great.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast